Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1045
Number of posts: 4000
Last posted: 2020-11-15 - 22:59
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Thunderbird Thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?RSS Feed

WCr

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 08:46

This morning, I cannot sync the new thunderbird 78 built-in calendar with memotoo anymore. Has anything been changed?

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No

7 Replie(s)
Wolfgang D.

smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 18:48     Subject: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

You did a manual upgrade? Thunderbird 78.x is not ready for CalDAV, ATM. Downgrade, and stay with TB 68.12.x until the automatic update arrives.

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 23:36     Subject: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Not really a manual upgrade. The new thunderbird came with the regular system upgrade of my opensuse linux system. I can of course selectively go back to thunderbird 68 - but what update will I have to wait for more precisely?

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-04 - 06:00     Subject: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Note that the downgrade is not straightforward as thunderbird modifies the profile during the upgrade - one has to go back to an earlier backed-up profile.

But now my problem is to find out when it is safe to re-do the upgrade. What exactly am I waiting for?

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-05 - 12:03     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Sorry to ask the question again, perhaps more clearly: how will we know it when thunderbird 78 again syncs correctly with the memotoo calendar? An announcement?

We wait for a particular version? Or has it already been achieved?

I am not so keen to install tb 78 only to find out that it still does not work...

wolfgang362

smile Posted 2020-09-09 - 12:12     Subject: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/07/whats-new-in-thunderbird-78/#comment-1747
Your Linux Repo Maintainer may have been ignoring this warning.

Automatic Thunderbird version upgrades 68 -> 78 should start beginning with TB78.2.1, and you may need to use another Add-On for Cal/CardDAV, if yours does not work any more after upgrade.

According to https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/07/whats-new-in-thunderbird-78/#comment-1751 this feature is built-in right now.

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-09 - 13:16     Subject: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Thanks, is this all a discussion between different Wolfgang's? Anyway...

I did not make extensive tests when I had accidentally tb78, but I have the impression that my nextcloud calendar synchronized just fine, but not the one on memotoo.

So my simple question to memotoo maintainers is: does tb78 now work with a memotoo calendar or not? These calendars are critical for me, and I cannot really afford to mess around with different caldav plugins until I find one that possibly works.

Thank you!

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2020-09-20 - 18:27     Subject: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Hello WCr,

I have just tested Memotoo with Thunderbird 78.2.2, done some modifications and now the sync works fine.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post