Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Thunderbird Thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?RSS Feed

WCr

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 08:46

This morning, I cannot sync the new thunderbird 78 built-in calendar with memotoo anymore. Has anything been changed?

11 Replie(s)
Wolfgang D.

smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 18:48     Subject: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

You did a manual upgrade? Thunderbird 78.x is not ready for CalDAV, ATM. Downgrade, and stay with TB 68.12.x until the automatic update arrives.

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-03 - 23:36     Subject: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Not really a manual upgrade. The new thunderbird came with the regular system upgrade of my opensuse linux system. I can of course selectively go back to thunderbird 68 - but what update will I have to wait for more precisely?

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-04 - 06:00     Subject: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Note that the downgrade is not straightforward as thunderbird modifies the profile during the upgrade - one has to go back to an earlier backed-up profile.

But now my problem is to find out when it is safe to re-do the upgrade. What exactly am I waiting for?

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-05 - 12:03     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Sorry to ask the question again, perhaps more clearly: how will we know it when thunderbird 78 again syncs correctly with the memotoo calendar? An announcement?

We wait for a particular version? Or has it already been achieved?

I am not so keen to install tb 78 only to find out that it still does not work...

wolfgang362

smile Posted 2020-09-09 - 12:12     Subject: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/07/whats-new-in-thunderbird-78/#comment-1747
Your Linux Repo Maintainer may have been ignoring this warning.

Automatic Thunderbird version upgrades 68 -> 78 should start beginning with TB78.2.1, and you may need to use another Add-On for Cal/CardDAV, if yours does not work any more after upgrade.

According to https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/07/whats-new-in-thunderbird-78/#comment-1751 this feature is built-in right now.

WCr

smile Posted 2020-09-09 - 13:16     Subject: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Thanks, is this all a discussion between different Wolfgang's? Anyway...

I did not make extensive tests when I had accidentally tb78, but I have the impression that my nextcloud calendar synchronized just fine, but not the one on memotoo.

So my simple question to memotoo maintainers is: does tb78 now work with a memotoo calendar or not? These calendars are critical for me, and I cannot really afford to mess around with different caldav plugins until I find one that possibly works.

Thank you!

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2020-09-20 - 18:27     Subject: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Hello WCr,

I have just tested Memotoo with Thunderbird 78.2.2, done some modifications and now the sync works fine.

Wolfgang

smile Posted 2022-09-02 - 09:50     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Hello again (cannot see how to log into the forum anymore)

now on thunderbird for linux 102.2.1, since this morning no sync with the calendar anymore. Is something down at your end, or is it some update of tb?

Philippe

smile Posted 2022-09-02 - 11:16     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Hello,
No sync on Android since this morning too.

Wolfgang

smile Posted 2022-09-02 - 16:02     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Indeed, no android sync either here. So then it has nothing to do with thunderbird, I assume, but is rather a network error with memotoo. Would be great to know the status of it.

smile Posted 2022-09-03 - 08:45     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thunderbird 78 calendar sync broken?

Sorry for this problem, the sync server (sync.memotoo.com) had a temporary problem, now the server is available again.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post