Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

1 minute event becomes 24 hour eventRSS Feed

tjbsync

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 11:07

Most phones can only handle reminders before the main event. If you need a reminder to stop doing something, (e.g. timeboxing,) the workaround is to add a reminder on an auxilliary event right after the main event.

However, Memotoo turns such a one minute event into a 24 hour affair and swaps the starting and ending time-of-day.

Example of the bug: I created a one-minute event "stop", from 2015-02-26 18:15 - 18:16h, in Kontact (the desktop calendar). It synced to Memotoo (tjbsync account) as beginning 2015.02.26 18:16h, ending 2015.02.27 18:15h. This has two errors: The end date is off by one, and it swapped 1815h and 18:16h.

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 17:13     Subject: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Very strange can you modify it on your BlackBerry ?
(I will log the sync to see what is wrong)
Tell me when you modified it ?

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 17:57     Subject: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

I've modified it to 18:16-18:20h today at 17:47h and synced at 17:52h GMT+1. The Blackberry user interface goes only in 5 minute increments, so I couldn't make it 1 minute long. Maybe that won't do, as only 1 minute events seem to trigger the bug.

Next, I created an event ("test event for Thomas ...", 18:15-18:16h) in Korganizer to showcase the bug, and synced manually at 17:56h GMT+1.

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 18:58     Subject: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

One more way to trigger the bug: (1) create a fresh calendar in any PIM application, (2) create a one-minute event with a popup reminder, (3) export the calendar as an icalendar file, (4) import the file into Memotoo.

This also explains why this bug isn't just a case of "well, then don't do that". I've been using the one-minute-event approach since 2007, and lots of historic data is affected.

smile Posted 2015-03-04 - 15:43     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Ok tjbsync I have found and corrected this bug
Now the event will have a duration of 1 minute.

I have also correct your past events that have this problem.

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-03-04 - 22:19     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Thank you. I appreciate that you cared about my bug report and took the time to fix it.

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post