Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Yahoo still not sync'ing contactsRSS Feed

George Worley

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-12-25 - 22:21

I got a Christmas present early -- beginning part of December -- of a new Samsung Phone. When I connected all of my accounts to the phone and Memotoo, the native contact app started to respond very slowly and the contact database had grown to almost 3gb in size. When the the contact app finally opened, it said it was displaying 19,242 contacts which totally shocked me as originally my gmail account had about 1,700 contacts so even if the contacts were separated (not linked) I should have 4 times that (gmail, Yahoo, Memotoo, and Hotmail.) After looking at it very closely some contacts were duplicated 100 plus times on gmail. Some were duplicated with just a name while others were duplicated with just a phone number (no other info not even a name or address.) I have got it down to close to where it should be but am have problems with Yahoo. They aren't sync'ing properly. Yahoo loosing it authentication. Right now I am getting the error of "Sync Yahoo! Contacts - Error: Sorry Yahoo has changed something and for the moment the sync respond Forbidden..." Yet sometimes it will sync and other times I have to go to Yahoo and delete the connection and reset it up. Right now it isn't working at all. I have deleted the connection and reset it back up several times without being able to sync. I have even had phone numbers for people that I didn't even know show up in my contacts.

Google and Hotmail seem to be working just fine.

This is getting to be very frustrating. I am at the point where I have to go through every individual contact to see if it a good contact and getting the info on all 3 of my email services a priority. What seems to be the issue is that several of my contacts show only 1 contact on Memotoo but show 2 or more on Yahoo. If I go to the Yahoo contact manager and delete the duplicate there is a 50 percent chance that I delete the one that is sync'ing with Memotoo therefore deleting the contact totally off Hotmail, Memotoo and gmail.

How can I make sure that the info that is on Yahoo is identical to that is on gmail, hotmail, and Memotoo. And, why sometime Yahoo syncs and other times it doesn't? It seems very odd to me.

Please help. Thanks.
George Worley

4 Replie(s)
George Worley

smile Posted 2014-12-25 - 23:33     Subject: Re: Yahoo still not sync'ing contacts

More info:

What is the difference in an Automatic Sync and a Manual Sync? I set Yahoo to run a sync every hour and it runs fine as my Yahoo account sync perfectly with Memotoo yet when I click on the Sync button for Yahoo I get the error.

Thanks,
George

George Worley

smile Posted 2014-12-26 - 09:54     Subject: Re: Re: Yahoo still not sync'ing contacts

I wanted to make a correction to my second reply:

I was looking at the sync history of Yahoo and discovered that yes it is running a sync but not running completely. It will run and then stop sometimes just after 2 updates were made when there are more.

I do find another anomaly in the sync process with Yahoo. Here is a portion of the history to show what I am talking about:

Data deleted
(ID : 16356549 / ID Yahoo! Contacts: 16785922) Memotoo » Yahoo! Contacts : Delete 2014-12-26 - 01:39:29 (G.M.T. -6)
Data deleted
(ID : 40283963 / ID Yahoo! Contacts: 16785922) Memotoo » Yahoo! Contacts : Delete 2014-12-26 - 01:39:28 (G.M.T. -6)

Notice that the 2 entries point to the same Yahoo contact? How can that be? This means if I delete just one of the Memotoo contacts that I will delete the only Yahoo contact. I have noticed in the sync history that Yahoo stops after this is encountered as these are the only 2 entries for this hour.

Thanks,
George

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2015-01-02 - 09:49     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Yahoo still not sync'ing contacts

Hi George

I have checked your account and the sync seems to work fine.
I think you authorized again Memotoo to sync your Yahoo contacts:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-yahoo-contacts.php

George Worley

smile Posted 2015-01-03 - 21:14     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yahoo still not sync'ing contacts

Here is what I had to do to make it work fine.

1) Instead of 2way sync I changed it to 1way sync -- Memotoo to Yahoo
2) Went to my contacts on Yahoo! and deleted all of them.
3) On Memotoo I caused a full 1way sync from Memotoo to Yahoo! (I created a backup just in case.
4) The sync died a couple times but restarted where it died.

Since then everything seems to be working just fine.

I am not sure why I got almost 20,000 contacts on my phone with some of them only contain a phone and others only containing the notes while others only contained a name, I am now down to about 2,400 contacts with 224 duplicates. I think that both my Outlook and Yahoo! Contact had some issues with them. Cannot pin it down to which one really caused the issue as I got my new phone about the same time that I finally took the time to get my Hotmail account sync'ing again after not sync'ing for a very long time.

Thanks for your help.

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more »
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post