Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

sync problems after Memotoo password changeRSS Feed

Vince

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-10-28 - 17:55

I changed my Memotoo account password, and made the same change on the Memotoo sync app for android (version 10.1.3.5). Memotoo android responded that I had changed my account (but it wasn't a new Memotoo account, just a new password). From then on, every time I ran a sync, it synced all of my contacts (a very large number), even though most had not changed. The same with calendar items and notes. I changed my password back to the original. Contacts and Calendar now sync normally (only the changed records). Notes still syncs all notes every time, but that's not critical for me because I don't have that many notes.
The reason I was trying to change my password was for convenience. But if someone needs to change their password because they think their account has been hacked, this could be a problem.
Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2014-10-30 - 09:26     Subject: Re: sync problems after Memotoo password change

To change your password in Memotoo sync, you must click on "Logout" in the app.
So it is normal that the app done a "slow sync" after this. But if you sync again normally the sync will be "normal".

Can you try again to change your password (I will log your sync) and confirm me that you have each time a "slow sync" ?

Vince

smile Posted 2014-11-03 - 00:19     Subject: Re: Re: sync problems after Memotoo password change

I'm concerned about trying this again; if it becomes unrecoverable, the sync will be unusable to me. I'd rather keep the password I have, rather than risk losing sync capability.

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post