Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Google Contacts Google Contacts Sync issue with "My Contacts" groupRSS Feed

Logharn

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-08-09 - 02:58

Hi!
I recently joined Memotoo's community since I've read, and till now I can confirm, that is the most reliable way to sync contacts between multiple Google accounts.
But while syncing my accounts I noted a flaw in it, let me explain.
I'm syncing these with a two-way sync with Memotoo and with "All groups are synced" option, the issue I found is that those contacts who are new to one of the accounts and are assigned to a custom group and removed from the standard "My Contacts" group, are then created in the other account's contacts list but assigned to "My Contacts" and the custom group.
Just to clarify, suppose this:

"Google Account A" with contact "AAAA" placed into "Custom" group and removed from "My Contacts"

when synced, into Memotoo's address book it's placed correctly only into "Custom" group, but into the address book of "Google Account B" it's placed into "My Contacts" and "Custom" group.
Since this is a sync it should only be placed into "Custom" group and not appear under "My Contacts".
This bring me to always select all contacts from the "Custom" group and remove the unwanted group from them.
I don't want to selectively sync groups since not all of my contacts are assigned to a particular group.

Could there be a solution?

Best regards.

1 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-08-11 - 18:46     Subject: Re: Google Contacts Sync issue with "My Contacts" group

Hi Logharn

In fact it is normal because I want that the number "My contacts" in Gmail was the same as total of Memotoo contacts (as this, you can see you have the same contacts between Memotoo and Gmail)

Ok now for you, the "My contacts" will not automatically added when you sync Gmail

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post