Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Thunderbird Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo CalDAV calendarRSS Feed

Patrick

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-02-20 - 13:14

Hello

I am using Thunderbird 24.3.0 with Lightning 2.6.4 on Mac. To sync the calendar, I am using the momotoo caldav url - i.e. https://sync.memotoo.com/calDAV/

Today I realized that if I create a new event in lightning and choose to add it to the memotoo caldav calendar, thunderbird never sends out invitation emails (with ical attachments) to the invited participants enven though I tick "notify attendees".

I tried for hours to debug this and find out why, but couldn't find out more than:

- the problem is a tricky one: https://www.google.ch/search?q=lightning+not+sending+invite+site:bugzilla.mozill...
- "autoSchedule" is set to false and "canNotify()" corretly returns false in [TB profile]/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/components/calDavCalendar.js
- it works for zimbra caldav calendars
- the difference between a memoto and a zimbra "debug log" in the TB error console is that after the response to this,
CalDAV: send( https://sync.memotoo.com/calDAV/):
/calDAV/bababa0101010.ics
CalDAV: recv:

[...]
, for zimbra calendars, the mail is sent - normally - log message appears (if you set "calendar.debug.log" and "calendar.debug.log.verbose" thunderbird config variables to true) and a pop-up window opens asking for confirmation before sending. While for memotoo it is not being sent.

If anybody has a workaround or would be able to fix that in memotoo (just do what zimbra does) or thunderbird (see what the lightning extension does wrong and send them a patch) based on this information, that would be really cool.

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2014-02-21 - 18:57     Subject: Re: Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo caldav calendar

Hi Patrick

Ok now Memotoo will send the information to Lightning, to send invitations ro event attendees

Patrick

smile Posted 2014-02-22 - 20:12     Subject: Re: Re: Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo caldav calendar

Flawless. It works. Great - that's what I call agility. Thanks a ton!

ymitsos

smile Posted 2015-01-27 - 09:15     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo caldav calendar

Hi,

This problem still persists. Can you please provide some guideliness how to debug?

Costas Kotsokalis

smile Posted 2015-01-27 - 11:57     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo caldav calendar

Yep, having the same problem myself. Thunderbird 31.4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04, accessing Memotoo via CalDAV.

smile Posted 2015-02-18 - 11:57     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thunderbird not sending invites to event attendees for memotoo caldav calendar

Ok ymitsos and Costas, now the invitations of the attendees are synced between Memotoo and Thunderbird.
So Thunderbird ask you to send or not the invitations.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post