Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed dayRSS Feed

Daniel

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-11-08 - 21:49

I have some recurring events on which the recurrence is the first thursday at the month one a year. Syncing with Android I found that Android has no "first day at xx once a year", instead I have to specify each month, every 12 months. Since I changed that, either in Outlook or in Memotoo the event is wrong. If it is correct in Memotoo it is wrong in Outlook and vice versa.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

9 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-11-12 - 14:38     Subject: Re: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

Sorry Daniel but I can do nothing because if Android sent to Memotoo a rule without "first day at xx once a year", Memotoo is forced to changed ...

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-11-13 - 13:58     Subject: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

I think you have misanderstand. In Android I had to change from once a year to monthly each 12 months, because of the first thursday of the month instead of a fixed day. Now in Android the event is showed correctly, but after sync in Memotoo it is fix at the 7. day of the month instead at the first thursday of the month. Of course after sync with Outlook there is also incorrect.
Can you monitor this and I change an other event?

smile Posted 2013-11-15 - 17:55     Subject: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

I think I understand you, I do some tests but I can do nothing for a recurrent event each year on 1st thursday...

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-11-18 - 13:49     Subject: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

If it will work with the x day of the month each 12 months I will be very happy

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-12-06 - 14:03     Subject: Re: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

Here is the scenario:
Event is 7.12.06 recurring monthly at first thursday each 12 months. This is in Outlook and Memotoo.
In Android this event cames with 7.12.06, yearly at 7. Dez.
Correct in Android to 7.12.06, monthly at first thursday each 12 months. Then synced.
In Memotoo it seems to be OK (7.12.06, monthly at first thursday each 12 months).
Sync with Outlook
What surprise: Outlook shows 7.12.06, yearly at 7. Dez. Strange because it is correct in Memotoo!
Then I correct this in Outlook and sync
Again I see no change in Memotoo, still 7.12.06, monthly at first thursday each 12 months.
Sync with Android
In Android this event cames with 7.12.06, yearly at 7. Dez.

At this point I can change it and the game plays over and over.

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-12-10 - 23:12     Subject: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

Today I have detected something. Showing the event in the Memotoo calendar with a browser shows repeating each 12 month at first thursday of the month. Downloaded the backup and unpacked the calendar file. The event is stored within as repeating yearly, at first thursday of the month. It seems that there is not displayed what is stored.

Daniel

smile Posted 2014-02-03 - 16:43     Subject: Re: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

Thomas, do you have done something?

smile Posted 2014-02-05 - 14:36     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

In fact, it is normal that the rule "FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=12" is replaced by "FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1" because Android do not like "FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=12".
This patch is applicated to all sync: Outlook, Android, ...

Daniel

smile Posted 2014-02-06 - 11:14     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recurrence the first day of a month instead of a fixed day

But why I can create an event with "FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=12" on my Android devices? If I can create It, Android will support it, I mean.
Perhaps Beat Forster from Synthesis AG can help you. He said, that he had the same problem with his own SyncML-Server.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post