Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

CardDAV / CalDAV sync in Kontact not successfulRSS Feed

Marco

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-08-27 - 13:44

Hi,
I am testing the windows version of Kontact. In Kontact I want to sync my Memotoo contacts and calender items via CardDAV and CalDAV. But this is only partially successful. I can see my Memotoo groups as folders in Kontact. But these folders are empty and do not contain any contacts or calendar items.
I used the url's which I found here in the help to setup the configuration: https://sync.memotoo.com:443/cardDAV/ and https://sync.memotoo.com:443/calDAV/

Any idea what's wrong?

Best regards,
Marco

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป

6 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-08-27 - 15:29     Subject: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

Hi Marco

Ok try again, now it will be OK, I have corrected the little bug

Marco

smile Posted 2013-08-27 - 17:19     Subject: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

Hi Thomas,
thank you very much for the fast response. The contacts and calendar items are now available in Kontact.
I did some tests in the meantime and I found two more points. Could you please have a look at these, too?

1. In Memotoo I assigned my contacts to groups like "Family", "Work", "Friends" and so on. In Kontact all contacts are available but they are not assigned to any groups or folders. They are all in one single folder. Is it possible to transfer the the grouping via CardDAV to Kontact?

2. In Kontact I created an appointment which lasts several days and added it to the calendar folder "Travels". This appointment has been synced successfully to Memotoo. In Memotoo it is assigned to the calendar group "Travels" which is correct.
But after some seconds the new appointment is getting duplicated in Kontact. There is now one appointment in folder "Travels" and the same appointment additionally without the assignment to a calendar folder.
In Memotoo the appointment is still visible only once and in the right category "Travels".

When I delete the duplicate appointment wich has no assignment to a folder in Kontact this deletes the correct appointment in Memotoo and after a certain time the deletion is synced back to Kontact which deletes the original entry in folder "Travels".

smile Posted 2013-08-30 - 12:01     Subject: Re: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

1. Memotoo send the groups to Kontact but it seems that is a limitation of Kontact...

2. In fact the events are not duplicated, the events you created appear too in the category "[All]". Unchecked this category to hide theses events.

Marco

smile Posted 2013-09-03 - 19:46     Subject: Re: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

Hi Thomas,
in my case I have another calendar group which starts with "Ae.." and all the duplicates are assigned to this group and not to group [All]. I assume that Kontact assigns the duplicates to the first group (in alphabetical order).

smile Posted 2013-09-04 - 09:25     Subject: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

Ok Marco...
To understand, can you send me a screenshot of your Kontact at webmaster@memotoo.com ?

Marco

smile Posted 2013-09-08 - 12:31     Subject: Re: Re: CardDav / CalDav sync in Kontact not successful

Hi Thomas,
I have finally sent you an email with the screenshots.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post