Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again...RSS Feed

Daniel

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-05-23 - 12:48

Something goes wrong with recurring full time events (the whole day) since about two weeks (but it could be a longer time). The events suddenly becames one day earlier. Later one more day. And so on. I have dozens of events that are some days earlier than they are in real. Sometimes the hour also changes from 00:00 to 23:00.
As I can see the problem is during syncing my symbian phone Nokia E7-00. But I cannot reproduce it on demand. Sometimes during sync there are no changes, but then there are dozends of it, without changing something on the phone. One time I forced a full reload on the phone from Memotoo to E7. The first sync after that it syncs about 90 events back as changed, but I don't make changes and I had wait a minute or two after reloading the phone before sync. There is something wrong.
On the PC side I had to change to OneMediaHub 11.0.8 because of a change to Outlook 2013 32-Bit. Before I used Outlook 2010 with Funambol 10.1.6. But as long as I only sync between the PC and Memotoo it seems all OK, but as soon the E7 cames it makes troubles.
At the moment I have many many events that are wrong. I have corrected these twice, but they are destroyed the third time. Please help! Thank you.

8 Replie(s)
Daniel

smile Posted 2013-05-28 - 15:52     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. An

I think I have found something. If an event is changed at memotoo, either directly or on a mobile device and sync back to memotoo and this event is a full day event, OneMediaHub makes something wrong during sync with outlook. If an event eg. is at 21.07.2011 repeatetly once a month at 21 forever, the event in Outlook is at 19.08.2011 00:00 until 20.08.2011 00.00 and the flag full day is deleted. Perhaps this happens only on recurring events. Perhaps syncing such one event with my Nokia E7 corrupts the event even more, but I think if the event is correct there were all OK.
I had to move from Funambol Sync Client 10.1.6 to OneMediaHub Sync Client 11.0.8 because wie use Outlook 2013 now.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-05-28 - 17:31     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

Now Daniel the flag "full day" will be keeped.
Can you reproduce this problem with OneMediaHub Sync Client 11.0.8 and Outlook 2013?

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-05-31 - 12:55     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

At the moment it seems solved. I now have to recover all my invalid events now. I will write here when I have done it and the events stays valid.

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-06-06 - 16:55     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

Strange. As long as I manually sync with my Nokia E7 all seems to be OK. But as soon I sync automatically many events are changed from the E7, but I cannot see the "change" if I open the event.
One problem was OneMediaHub, this seems fixed. Could there be another problem with Nokia? Strange that it is only if I sync automatically.

smile Posted 2013-06-07 - 14:53     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

No problem with Nokia, I think the events change when you valid or dimiss the alarm in your Calendar client.

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-06-10 - 15:36     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

Hmm. It is unlikely that I have so many alarms to commit. The first sync after a full refresh from the server should not sync any events, since just after a refresh there are no changes. But sometimes it does and sometimes not.
I cannot remember that I had installed a calendar update on the Nokia device. Could it be that there is a change at the server side? I also have troubles with syncevolution since a feew weeks that I had never before. I opened a bug on freedesktop.org.
But as I can see the problem with OneMediaHub and full day events is gone. Today I have corrected all my corrupted events. I hope they stays OK.

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-06-11 - 10:55     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

More Info about Nokia E7:
Yesterday I added in Outlook my corrected events and synced it to Memotoo. After that I synced my phone. On the phone the protocol says that nothing changed. On Memotoo the protocol says 55 events added on the phone. But in the calender of the phone they were not visible. After a second sync the phone says 55 events addes, Memotoo says 55 events updated. After that I see the events on the phone. Today the sysc protocol on Memotoo does not show this 55 updated events, only the 55 added. The events are correct.
The same time a todo was not deleted from the phone, although it was deleted from Memotoo. Since I opened this bug often todos are not deleted or updated on the phone and some events are doubled. Strange.

Daniel

smile Posted 2013-08-09 - 17:25     Subject: Re: Recurring full day events changes automatically one day back. Later it does it again. And again.

Since I deactivated the sync with Evernote most of the problems are gone, except some strange changes on events, but only if I sync automatically. It seems that on Nokia there is not the same code used on manual sync and on automatic sync.
As long as I sync manually at the moment there are no problems. I have deactivated the sync with evernote because of bug 65477 with syncevolution. It seems that I have to decide to have my notes in Evolution or Evernote, but not on both.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post