Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Duplicated events when synchronizing with Lightning and Android AndroidRSS Feed

Esteban

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-05-14 - 09:38

Hi all,

I am testing Memotoo for one month to check whether it can successfully replace Google Calendar, which started to do strange things a few weeks ago.

I am using Thunderbird 17.0.5 with Lightning 1.9.1 in my PC and a Samsug Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.6. It seems that every time a new synchronization is triggered from my PC or smartphone all the events in the local calendar are uploaded to Memotoo, with the result of events duplicated after each synchronization. After every single synchronization a new instance for each event is added, so I can already count each event four times. I need urgent help or my calendar will get completely full!

Thanks,

Esteban.

3 Replie(s)
Isabelle

smile Posted 2013-05-14 - 11:26     Subject: Re: Duplicated events when synchronizing with Lightning and Android

I've the same problem with the same softwares and phone : I didn't receive response yet. sometimes, it works "normally" but forgot some events, sometimes, all is duplicated... I don't understand and don't know what to do...

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-05-29 - 14:58     Subject: Re: Re: Duplicated events when synchronizing with Lightning and Android

Sorry Esteban and Isabelle for the delay of my response.

Strange that there is duplicate, normally not all events of Thunderbird are uploaded each sync. Can you reproduce this problem ?
May be replace the Funambol sync for Thunderbird by the CalDAV sync:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-mozilla-thunderbird.php?buttonSelected=caldav

Esteban

smile Posted 2013-06-07 - 11:22     Subject: Re: Duplicated events when synchronizing with Lightning and Android

Hi Thomas,

It seems the problem got solved. I decreased the frequency of synchronization to once per hour in my Android, while Thunderbird synchronizes each 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Esteban.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post