Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird Thunderbird to MemotooRSS Feed

Michael

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-04-12 - 03:37

I entered events in my Thunderbird/Lightning calendar as All Day events because I did not know the specific times when I entered them. Now that I know the specific times, I opened the events in Thunderbird/Lightning, unchecked "All Day", and I entered the specific start and end times. Now the time will not sync to Memotoo. I am using Funambol sync plugin. As a test, I modified the event description, rekeyed the start and end time, and tried again. The description changed in Memotoo upon a sync, but the start and end times still did not change from All Day. I also cut the event and pasted it back into the same time with the start and end times specified. The event in Thunderbird/Lightning remained an event with a start and end time, but the event in Memotoo remained an event set to "All Day". This seems to be a bug that needs to be resolved.

10 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-04-12 - 16:52     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

Very strange Mickaël, I have not heard about this bug.

Can you modify again the event and sync ? (I will log the synchronozation to see what is wrong)
What is the name of event ?

Michael

smile Posted 2013-04-13 - 03:37     Subject: Re: changing an event from

I had to get my schedule right so I deleted the events that this issue was relevant to and recreated the events with their appropriate start and end times.

For testing, I created a new event called "Troubleshoot Sync" in Thunderbird with today's date (April 12, 2013) and set the event to "All Day". I performed a sync to Memotoo with Funambol. I viewed my Memotoo calendar in my browser and saw the event that I just created. I then modified the event in Thunderbird removing the All Day check mark and setting the start and end time for the event. I then performed another sync to Memotoo. Upon viewing the Memotoo calendar in my browser, the event was modified from "All Day" to an event with a start and end time. Unfortunately, the problem was not recreated here.

It's possible that the all day events that I was having problems with originated in Outlook. I am also using Funambol to sync my Outlook calendar to Memotoo on my other computer. When I get time, I'll try to recreate this issue starting in Outlook and sync Outlook-->Memotoo-->Thunderbird-->Memotoo.

smile Posted 2013-04-13 - 08:48     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

Ok Mickaël tell me when you have reproduced the problem and I will see what happen!

Michael

smile Posted 2013-04-16 - 05:19     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

I was able to reproduce this issue. It was in fact related to an event originating in Outlook. I created an event called "TEST SYNC ORIGINATING IN OUTLOOK" with today's date, April 15, and set the event to All Day. I then sync'd my Outlook calendar to Memotoo with Funambol. I confirmed that the event appeared in the Memotoo calendar and then opened Thunderbird and sync'd Thunderbird calendar to Memotoo with Funambol. The All Day event appeared in Thunderbird calendar. I then opened the event in Thunderbird, removed the All Day check mark and set the start and end times to 11:00 pm and 11:30 pm respectively. Then I sync'd Thurnderbird to Memotoo with Funambol. The event in Memotoo is still set to All Day and did not receive the change to a specific start and end time.

smile Posted 2013-04-19 - 17:58     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

Ok Mickaël, I think I have corrected the bug, try again and tell me if it is OK now ?

Michael

smile Posted 2013-04-20 - 00:11     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

I tested again with an event called "TEST SYNC 2" first entered in Outlook set to All Day with a date of April 23, 2013. I synced to Memotoo then to Thunderbird, changed it to a specific time in Thunderbird, synced back to Memotoo again, and the issue remains. The event did not sync back to Memotoo.

smile Posted 2013-04-20 - 08:24     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

MIckaël can you do the same thing because I have not loggued your last synchronization ?

Michael

smile Posted 2013-04-22 - 15:10     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

I performed this operation again to allow you to log the situation. The event created is called "TEST SYNC3 ORGINATING IN OUTLOOK" and is set to today's date, April 22, 2013. I used the same procedure as before, starting in Outlook, changing it in Thunderbird, and checking it in Memotoo.

smile Posted 2013-04-24 - 09:13     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

Ok Michael it is OK now, I have tested so try again to verify

Michael

smile Posted 2013-04-25 - 04:00     Subject: Re: changing an event from "All Day" to a specific time does not sync from Thunderbird to Memotoo

I've tested again and it's working correctly now. Changing an event in Thunderbird from All Day to a specific time now syncs back to Memotoo. Thank you for your effort on correcting this!

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post