Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Recurring events not shown in TBRSS Feed

Andreas

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-01-23 - 09:30

Hello everybody,

Since a few weeks I have the problem that recurring events (like the birthdays of my contacts) are not shown in TB (TB17.0.2) after syncing with memotoo. They are shown directly after the syncing but if I restart TB they don't show up. The error console of TB complains about a missing start date "Exception: TypeError: item.startDate is null". The consequence was that none of the recurring events was shown up to today. Since today only some events are not shown, but the error message in TB remains the same. I already posted the problem, including the full error message to the TB forum ( http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2642531sid=3550f6c885e0b03e52...). But the problem only occurs after syncing with memotoo (using the funambol plugin).

Any ideas why this error occurs now and everything worked fine in the past? Has something changed with memotoo?

Thanks and best regards.

Andreas

4 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-01-25 - 16:32     Subject: Re: Recurring events not shown in TB

Hello Andreas

I have the same version, I have tested, and the recurent birthday is synced and exist after close and open again Thunderbird ...

Can you add in Memotoo an event "birdthay" with start and end date "1978-01-25", recurrent "1 year".
Sync with Thunderbird and close Thunderbird.
Does this event has disappeared in Thunderbird ??

Andreas

smile Posted 2013-01-28 - 08:40     Subject: Re: Recurring events not shown in TB

Hi Thomas,

I followed your advice and added a recurring birthday on 25.01.1978. In addition I added the same birthday to a contact. Hence, two new birthdays are added for the same day (category: birthday and birthdays). They show up after syncing but they disappeared after restarting TB.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards.

Andreas

smile Posted 2013-01-29 - 11:22     Subject: Re: Re: Recurring events not shown in TB

Sorry Andreas I have no idea... because I can not reproduce your problem ...

Can you try on an other computer with Thunderbird, to see if it is the same thing ?

Andreas

smile Posted 2013-01-29 - 17:28     Subject: Re: Recurring events not shown in TB

Hi Thomas,

I have tested it on two computers (at work and on my laptop). But the result was the same.

I write "was" because I could figure out what was causing the trouble. I browsed the sqlite database (local.sqlite) and found the problematic entry. It was the birthday of one of my contacts for which the year of birth (which I did not knew exactly) was set to 1900. And for this, and only for this, entry the start_date was set to 0. Obviously this caused the error message in TB. However, in the meantime I had corrected the year of birth in memotoo. At this time the old entry (1900) was no longer shown neither in TB nor in memotoo. Memotoo was only showing the event with the corrected year of birth. So I created a new calendar and synced it with memotoo, but this added the old entry (1900) back to the TB database, although it was not longer shown in memotoo. Hence, I completely removed the birthday information from this specific contact, created a new calendar again and synced it. And the mysterious entry and the TB error messages were gone.

Now everything is working fine again. But I have no idea how this "zombie" entry could survive in the database.

Andreas

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post