Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendarRSS Feed

Ed

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-10-19 - 19:13

I've set up memotoo sync calendar, contacts and tasks hourly both ways between my Lumia 900 and iCloud.

If I add a calendar event to the memotoo account on my phone or on memotoo.com, it does not get added to my iCloud calendar.

If I add an event to iCloud, it gets added to memotoo and my phone. Contact syncing is working fine in both directions. I've not tested Tasks yet.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I need to be able to add or modify events on my phone and have those sync to iCloud.

Thanks,

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 16:18     Subject: Re: Re: Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendar

Strange... Can you give me an example of event that it is not synced to iCloud ?

In your sync history, Memotoo send events to iCloud:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-account-sync-history.php?id=99227

Ed

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 16:26     Subject: Re: Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendar

Sure. There are two events on this past Sat, 20 Oct.

One is from 13:00-14:00, called "Test from phone to memotoo". I created that one on the phone, and it is showing on memotoo.com, but isn't on iCloud.

The other is right after that, from 14:00-15:00, called "Test from Memotoo". I created this one on memotoo.com, and it never got to iCloud.

I'm aware of the force feature on the history. I don't really want to try that yet, because the last time I did it, I ended up with 3 copies of every event on both calendars.

Thanks.

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 17:14     Subject: Re: Re: Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendar

In fact, you sync only 2 categories with iCloud ("Home" and "Home todos") and the events created ("Test from Memotoo" or "Test from phone to memotoo") have no category associated.

You must add theses events in one of the 2 categories synced with iCloud ("Home" or "Home todos")
Try and it will work

Ed

smile Posted 2012-10-23 - 19:30     Subject: Re: Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendar

Thanks. (So this is clearly not a bug...maybe this thread needs to move to the 'How to' forum .

I'd not spotted the Category selection option prior to this. So I've successfully made the Home category the default on memotoo, and when adding events on memotoo.com, it syncs to iCloud properly.

Any suggestions on how I'd accomplish this on my Windows 7 phone? The event form doesn't provide any category option, just the calendar (i.e. "Memotoo"). So that event, created on the phone, just ends up uncategorized and doesn't sync to iCloud. I'll also dig around a bit, because in fact the other iCloud category coming up isn't actually a valid one that I've set up. It may be a MobileMe artifact. So I may be able to work out a fix by resolving that. But any hints you may have would be appreciated.

smile Posted 2012-10-27 - 14:06     Subject: Re: Calendar events created on phone or memotoo.com do not sync to iCloud calendar

Ok Ed, now if you choose the default category here: https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar.php?rub=prefs
Memotoo will add the event in this category when ActiveSync send new event.
So after they will be synced to iCloud

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post