Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Multiple Address Books in Thunderbird Thunderbird - syncingRSS Feed

Anton

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-04-07 - 21:56

Hi,

I have multiple address books in Thunderbird 3 (e.g. Personal Address Book, Secondary, Professionals, etc.). I am trying to find a way to synchronize them with MemoToo, but I am having one issue.

The work-around I have done is that I have created groups in MemoToo with the same names, and then when I synchronize with Funambol, I do each TB address book individually to the corresponding MemoToo category ("con.123456"). This works okay on the first synchronization (where I do a "recover" and replace all the MemoToo data with my TB data). However, on subsequent synchronizations I am running into troubles.

Whereas it seems to work okay on some addressbooks (e.g. my Personal Address Book, and Secondary), in at least one address book I am getting duplication on TB. E.g. with 795 contacts in Professionals, after re-synching with MemoToo, my TB address book has 1198 (795 original addresses, plus 403 duplicates). Interestingly, these are the first 403 in the address book (in order of First Name sorting). However, in MemoToo, I remain with 795 contacts and all the data remains correct.

I thought perhaps that the issue could be with fields that TB uses but MemoToo does not (e.g. Custom 1), but this problem is not duplicated on the other addressbooks, which have the exact same features.

Lastly, there is a similar issue with the Lightning Calendar. I also have two calendars in Lightning (one personal, one work). There does not seem to be a way to sync two calendars, so I have tried to do it again with MemoToo groups/categories. However, every time I sync I get duplication on both TB and MemoToo...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No

3 Replie(s)
Anton

smile Posted 2010-04-20 - 15:36     Subject: Re: Multiple Address Books in Thunderbird - syncing

Any suggestions from the webmaster? Thanks!

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2010-04-22 - 11:18     Subject: Re: Multiple Address Books in Thunderbird - syncing

Hi Anton

Ok now you can synchronize multiple Address Books in Thunderbird

To do this, change "con" to "con.123456.222.111".
Find the settings here: https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-mozilla-thunderbird.php

Anton

smile Posted 2010-04-23 - 16:08     Subject: Re: Multiple Address Books in Thunderbird - syncing

Thanks Thomas!

I guess it works on the MemoToo side now. On the Funambol plugin side, it is still the same issue as you cannot select to synchronize all calendars. hopefully someone will make a better synchronization plugin for thuderbird/lightning in the future.

Cheers

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post