Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotooRSS Feed

Hendrik

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2008-01-26 - 13:02

Two problems using Kaddressbook 3.5.1 with memotoo:

1) groupdav sync wont work anymore (maybe a Vcard 2.1 <-> 3.0 issue?). Dont see any contacts via groupdav in my address book. server connection is ok, because i can see my folders

2) Duplicates shown when using "network" method. Every time i reload my addressbook i get the hole addressbook again and again loaded into kaddressbook (i have 222 contacts, after reload its 444, 666,888,...). But it seems its just a display issue because the dups get not stored on memotoo. Maybe a similar issue as 1) or a bug in kadressbook??

Thanks for help
Hendrik

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป

23 Replie(s)
Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-01-26 - 13:23     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

maybe a issue with missing "UID:" field in the memotoo vcard?

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2008-01-29 - 07:41     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

To use the GroupDav sync, you must enable a group to sync.
I have updated the howto with screenshots:
-> https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-contacts-with-vcard.php

For the sync with "network", it's very strange because for me it's work fine when I reload and reload ... use the GroupDav sync.

???

smile Posted 2008-01-29 - 19:58     Subject: Re: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

I have upgrade to KDE 3.5.8 and not the "network" option in the KDE resource manager has disappeared. So i must use groupdav but it does not work.
I get no folder list and therefore no contacts. Which KDE/Kadressbook Version do you use?

For safety: Can you add a UID attribute to the vcard contacts?

Thanks
Hendrik

Bruno

smile Posted 2008-02-04 - 20:49     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Dear all,

I possess also a recent version of Kontact and I have encountered exactly the same troubles as those described by Hendrik, even though I've followed carefully the How to.
- Disappearance of the network option
- No folder list and non contact
The version of Kaddressbook I use is 3.5.6.

Bruno

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-02-04 - 21:12     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Just filed a bug: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157083
Lets see ...

@Webmaster: For which KDE/Kontact Version memotoo is tested against? Thanks.

Regards
Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-02-05 - 19:18     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Hello

The Kontact versio n I use is the 3.5.6 under Ubuntu ... and now it doesn't work .... I will see what happen ...

smile Posted 2008-02-05 - 19:22     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

OK I found

Try again ...

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-02-06 - 14:24     Subject: Re: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

The groups (using groupdav) now appeears but i see no contacts. The error message is "libkcal: ERROR: Can't read uid map file '/home/hsaly/.kde/share/apps/kabc/uidmaps/groupdav_eRqks5yFqB'"

Maybe a problem (as mentioned before) with missing vCard UID field or vCard 2.1 (kaddressbok is based on vCard 3.0 i think) issue.

smile Posted 2008-02-06 - 18:24     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

May be the problem from the UID ... I have added it -> try again. So ?

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-02-07 - 18:14     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Unfortunately not working. I have filed several bugs for Kontact 1.2.4 (KDE 3.5.8), don't think its any longer a problem of memotoo. Older Versions of KDE had worked better. For more Info see:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156673
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156674
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157083
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157137

Bruno, does it work for you?

Hendrik

Bruno

smile Posted 2008-02-08 - 10:41     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Dear Hendrik,

I didn't react to your message because you perfectly described the situation and it's all the same for me. Following the recent changes of the webmaster, the different memotoo folders appeared but up to now my contact are not displayed.

For what concerns the network options, I undo automatic change to status new, as advised by the Kontact team, and it seems it doesn't work either. This trouble persists for you Hendrik ?

If no solution are found we will change to the extension of thunderbird but it would be pity for memotoo to lose the compatibily with Kontact due to bugs of Kontact.

Thanks to the Webmaster for his rapid reactions.

Bruno

smile Posted 2008-02-11 - 19:25     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Hello

Hendrik, are your sure it doesn't work ?? Because your sync takes time (1 minute):

Normaly, after select a folder and submit, the list of contacts are dowloaded -> see at the bottom right the progress bar

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-02-18 - 16:55     Subject: Re: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Yes i am sure that it not worked (waited for several minutes).
In the KDE Version i use (3.5.8) theres no longer a progress bar an you have to setup your addressbook in the KDE Resource Center as an "Resource." You can not longer do this in the Kaddressbook itself.
Maybe its an KDE issue, i ve filed the bug shown above but no one has responded so far.

So think to switch to Evolution instead of Kontact. Are there any experiences about using memotoo with evolution?

@Bruno: My troubles exists furthermore

Regards
Hendrik

Vincent

smile Posted 2008-02-22 - 12:44     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Hi everyone

I have used Evolution with memotoo with the synce method
But i really prefer working with Kontact. I had success today with the caledar but have the same problem you describe with address book!
At the moment i use the Ldap for sending mails but i would prefer the groupdav functionnality to work exactly like calendar.

Vincent

Vincent

smile Posted 2008-03-18 - 18:29     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Up

No news from anyone ?

Vincent

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-04-06 - 12:22     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

no news from KDE yet! Any other clues from someone?

Hendrik

Skaldrom

smile Posted 2008-04-16 - 07:41     Subject: Re: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Same problem here. The new Version does not sync....
Kaddressbook: 3.5.6

I click on "Update Folders" and nothing happens... It did work in older versions.

Addition: It looks like it has todo with the GUI you use! It works for me in a kde environement, but not in GTK/XFCE...

smile Posted 2008-04-20 - 17:03     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

I don't know why it didn't work with eeeXubuntu or others OS because I have just try with eeeXubuntu and it's OK for me, I can "Update Folders".

Have you idea what is the difference between my test and your OS ???

Skaldrom Y. Sarg

smile Posted 2008-04-20 - 22:18     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Hm. I could think of the following:
- Desktop (I have XFCE)
- Versions (Libs)
- Encoding
- Active Services

Do you see your Contacts afterwards? I will have a look at the network traffic later... Do you have a tool you could recommend for that?

Maybe I should sniff the d

earlra

smile Posted 2008-05-09 - 22:44     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

As another data point, if it helps, I have exactly the same problem. That means, I set up the calendar sync and it works beautifully, but the contacts do not work. I also see my folders, but it will not sync. I am running Kontact 1.2.4 on KDE 3.5.8, Kubuntu 7.10.

smile Posted 2008-05-20 - 18:45     Subject: Re: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Good news I have found a solution to sync your contacts with Kontact KDE 3.5.8

How to install ?

1 - Mount a DAV file system (install the davfs2 package if necessary)

(replace below "user" with your Linux login)

Create a folder in your home:
mkdir /home/user/contactsDAV

2 possibilities to mount this folder:

* Manually

Type: sudo mount -t davfs -o nolocks,uid=user https://www.memotoo.com/contactsDAV.php /home/user/contactsDAV
And enter your Memotoo login and password.

(To umount the folder, type: sudo umount /home/user/contactsDAV)

* When you start your computer

Type: sudo vim /etc/fstab
Add this line: https://www.memotoo.com/contactsDAV.php /home/user/contactsDAV davfs nolocks,uid=user,auto 0 0

Type: vim /etc/davfs2/secrets
Add this line: https://www.memotoo.com/contactsDAV.php login password (enter your Memotoo login and password)

More information on davfs: http://pwet.fr/man/linux/administration_systeme/mount_davfs

2 - Create a directory address book in Kontact

* Open Kontact

* Click "Add ..." and "Directory"

* Select your folder mounted

* Now you see all your contacts in Kontact

Hendrik

smile Posted 2008-06-18 - 18:03     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

good idea, but works for me just as "read-only" addressbook. If i change and save a kontact its filename will change to the value of the UID field and then things come chaos. I have tried this solution in differnets variants, also tried to do a offline synchronisation with the "unison File Synchronizer" but no luck. After all i have switched from KDE Kontact to Evolution, using syncevolution to sync with memotoo. Works perfectly.

@Webmaster: Whats with the upcoming KDE 4.1 Akonadi PIM ( http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/), the "replacement" for the old KDE 3 PIM. Will it be better (e.g. natively) supported by memotoo (means: without hacks

PS: I also watch Opensync ( http://www.opensync.org/), waiting for Version 0.4. Then syncml should to the thing!

???

smile Posted 2008-07-26 - 11:55     Subject: Re: groupdav issues using KDE Kontact with memotoo

Hi all,

I'm new to MemoToo and am having the same problems. I'm using KDE 3.5.8 and KAddress 3.5.6.

I hope this is fixed, because it was the main reason why I signed up to use Memotoo.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post