New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Repeating task - just an event with create task reminderRSS Feed

Sergey

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-06-06 - 19:50

I searching some task manager that normally support repeating tasks. Normal support for repeating task is when I complete repeating task its new instance for next schedule is created, this is how this works in outlook or task coach for example. But I not want to use outlook only because of this feature, while task coach not want to synchronize tasks properly. Repeating task almost not supported but they are important for many of us. Task is not just an event, if I miss event I can forget it, but task should be complete even if I miss its default time, this is the difference.
Some time ago I suggested VERY SIMPLE solution to solve repeating task problem for all who need this. The solution is to allow to setup reminder for calendar event which creates one time task instead of sending of e-mail or sms and so on. So if I want to have repeating task I can setup repeating calendar event, say "Pay gas bill" and configure reminder to create task. So this way I'll have simple task which will be triggered by calendar event. I can close or delete task each time I solve it. Different clients treat task completion differently. My samsung phone want to delete task if it complete. This should work for all devices because logic reside on server. I'm suggested this for google but they too big to make this.

1 Replie(s)
Mickets

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-08-17 - 20:26     Subject: Re: Repeating task - just an event with create task reminder

Hello,

I am having a similar problem. Check my post here: https://www.memotoo.com/forum/msg-4-4406-Recurrent-Tasks-dont-seem-to-re-occur.h...

Have you found a solution?

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post