New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Handling of NO GROUP contacts on selective syncRSS Feed

John

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-03-13 - 19:22

Hello -- I continue to be a very happy Memotoo user!! However, I recently noticed one problem with my (and my wife's) current work flow for our address book changes, updates, and additions. We sync across several gmail or GApps accounts -- 4 of which are mine and 1 is my wife's. I use the selective sync functionality to JUST sync several Categories which are common to us both (family, friends, businesses we both use, etc...) This all works spectacularly and keeps several hundred of my business contacts off her gmail account and her phone. Generally, memotoo becomes our master list and I sync all items to my own gmail and GApps accounts -- even contacts that are hers alone...

However, an issue arises when she creates a new entry on her phone (which is then synced to gmail via google services) or directly in her gmail... She is not generally in the habit of assigning a 'category' / 'group' / 'list' to her new entries... and because I have selective sync turned on for her account, new entries which do not match the selected sync categories are not synced back to MemoToo (where I would be able to see them in the [Top] grouping -- which is where my own such non-categorized entries end up... By the way... The [Top] category in Memotoo is very nice since when I do the same thing as her and forget to assign a new entry to a category, it is very easy to see the 'uncategorized' contacts... I don't know of any way to show these in Google Contacts other than to review every item in the vertical list to find those without a category assigned. So Kudos for that functionality!!

I presume the way to handle this would be to allow for a 'no group' option in the selective sync dialog box in addition to the list of currently used categories used in the included accounts. Not sure technically if this is possible relative to the Google side of things. (i.e. it's probably much easier to find a category and assign it a sync state versus finding the 'absence of a category' But I figured I'd ask?

Thanks again for making such a great product.

1 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-03-25 - 16:49     Subject: Re: Handling of NO GROUP contacts on selective sync

Hi John

thanks for compliments

You can find the contacts without groups by click on "Contacts with no group" in your address book:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-addressbook-and-contacts.php?dir=-1

Sorry you can not sync contacts "no group" with Gmail, in your case only groups can be synced Gmail ...

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post