New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Funambol sync - apply standard category to all Outlook Outlook calendar entriesRSS Feed

Tim

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-01-02 - 21:14

I am using Memotoo to sync my calendar (and more) between the web (google) and desktop (Outlook using the Funambol plugin).

When I enter a calendar entry in Google Calendar, it syncs to Outlook eventually. Good.
When I enter a calendar entry in Memotoo (done for debugging purposes only, I do not use Memotoo for creating entries), entries show up correctly in Google and Outlook calendar, as I have set the standard category to the Google calendar name. Good enough.
When I enter a calendar entry in Outlook, it shows up in Memotoo, but without any category. Therefore the entry never gets synced onward to the synced Google calendar. NOT good.

I noticed that Memotoo / Funambol removes Outlook event categories during Sync. That's not good.

Until that gets fixed, I suggest: Apply "standard category" as set in Memotoo calendar settings to all events that come in via Funambol.

Once it gets fixed, my suggestion changes: Permit user to select Memotoo calendar event categories that mark entries to be synced to Google Calendar. "empty" or "any" should be an option.

2 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-01-04 - 17:21     Subject: Re: Re: Funambol sync - apply standard category to all Outlook calendar entries

Hello Tim

It is strange that you have no category in Memotoo when you add an event in Outlook ...
Can you add again an event with category (ex: Lotus Notes) in Outlook and sync again ? I will log the synchronization to see what is wrong.

You can define a default category in the settings but not only for Funambol:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar.php?rub=prefs

Tim

smile Posted 2012-01-04 - 18:36     Subject: Re: Funambol sync - apply standard category to all Outlook calendar entries

Hi Thomas,
thank you for your speedy support - as usual

I have repeated what I thought I did yesterday, with better results than I remember from earlier attempts. Please read on nonetheless.
- In Outlook: Created an event 12:00 Thursday 5th of January 2012, with Outlook category "Lotus Notes" (the same as the Google calendar name. This synced to Memotoo (including category) and Google
- In Outlook: Another event 12:30, but without category. Syncs to Memotoo, but not Google.

I guess this means that Memotoo does as it is designed. As a user, this is not satisfactory though, as I frequently forget to manually mark events with category in Outlook.

Is there any way to apply the Memotoo "standard category" to events that come from Outlook/Funambol?

With kind regards,

Tim

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post