New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Group compsed of other groups and contactsRSS Feed

Mado

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2011-09-22 - 15:33

Hi,

right now it seems a group can only include contacts, that would be great if groups could contain other groups. I didn't find that functionality so I guess that would be a new one. Let me explain, my professional contacts are clients, prospects, shops, .... so I'd like to have a group called "Clients", another one "Prospects" and so on, and one big group "Professional" including "Clients', "Prospects", ... so each time I add a contact to "Clients", it is automatically part of "Professional".
Is it too difficult to implement ?

Thanks anyway for all the work already done.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

3 Replie(s)
Oddity8

smile Posted 2011-09-23 - 09:11     Subject: Re: Group compsed of other groups and contacts

Though I guess the feature would be great for one specific application, I do not think it is a good idea to implement it in Memotoo.
Because Memotoo is targetted on synchronization between (a lot of) devices, applications and services it should comply with standards for synchronization. For calendar synchronization this would be in most cases the ICS format (through the webcal protocol). For contacts this would most definitely be the vCard format (synchronized via e.g. SyncML). vCard supports groups to be defined for single contacts. However it does NOT support groups to be specified as a separate entry, thus does not allow groups to be assigned a parent group.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2011-09-28 - 10:03     Subject: Re: Group compsed of other groups and contacts

Sorry Mado but the sub-groups are not possible because lot of devices that Memotoo sync do not allow sub-groups ...

Mado

smile Posted 2011-09-28 - 12:49     Subject: Re: Group compsed of other groups and contacts

OK, thanks for your answers.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post