New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Updating contact info from Facebook FacebookRSS Feed

Martin Gruber

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2011-02-24 - 10:07

Greetings,

I would like to ask you for a feature that would allow a user to update only particular information from the Facebook about a contact during synchronization. What do I mean: When I have a contact, synchronized with Facebook, I can choose to 1) update only empty fileds in memotoo ,2) update only empty fields in memotoo + update photo or 3) update all fields in memotoo. It would be great if I could choose what fields I want to update or, at least, if you could add some more options. For example, I have few friends (and I hope I am not alone who change their names in Facebook profile sometimes. However, I do not want to change the name in my address book. On the other hand, they can change their address and, of course, I would like to know about their new home. Thus, maybe just few more options would be enough, i.e. updating all fields in memotoo (but not empty in the FB profile - in case a friend deletes e.g. a phone number from FB) from the Facebook profile except the name, or except the name and the phone numbers, or except the name, phone numbers and email addresses.

I hope the description of the problem is understandable and I did not overlook this feature in Memotoo (or some hook how to do it).

Thank you for you reply and opinion. However, I think this would be a great feature.

Martin

4 Replie(s)
Toxotes

smile Posted 2011-09-07 - 19:38     Subject: Re: Updating contact info from Facebook

I was actually wondering the same thing. So, you're not alone, even if you haven't get any answers yet.
Can anyone give us an answer?

Regards.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2011-09-08 - 17:39     Subject: Re: Re: Updating contact info from Facebook

Sorry it will be difficult to choose what field you want to sync...

If you choose "update all fields in memotoo", the name will not replaced with the one of Facebook.

Oddity8

smile Posted 2011-09-16 - 09:22     Subject: Re: Updating contact info from Facebook

"If you choose "update all fields in memotoo", the name will not replaced with the one of Facebook."
Off course that is already a nice feature, but what about empty fields?

When you for example have entered a phone number in Memotoo for a friend, and this friend removes his/her phone number from Facebook, will the phone number in Memotoo automatically be removed as well during synchronization?
This is a case it would be very nice to be able to choose whether the field is updated or not.

smile Posted 2011-09-16 - 16:40     Subject: Re: Re: Updating contact info from Facebook

The phone number will not be removed in Memotoo...
Yes it will be nice to choose which field will be updated, but it will be diffucult to do this ...

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post