New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

'Disable' categories in "All Events"RSS Feed

Oddity8

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-10-27 - 10:38

When the calendar is showing normal (day, week, month or year) view clicking on a category disables it temporarily hiding all events int the calendar from that specific category.
It would be great if this same functionality would be made available for the "All Events" tab. Currently when a category is 'disabled' for the normal view, "All Events" still shows all events for every category. Off course that is what "All" suggests, but I think an option to filter by category would be nice here, and in my opinion just reusing the existing functionality for the "All Events" tab is the most intuitive way (with the least work I guess).
The same would be great for the "Near Events" tab.

So in short, my request: the current functionality to hide events of a category by disabling/clicking it on the left side, should be Calendar-wide, so not only in the 'normal' view, but also in the "Near Events" view, the "All Events" view, and possibly future views.

1 Replie(s)
Oddity8

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-10-29 - 09:44     Subject: 'Disable' birthdays category as well

Extra, I think it would be great if in normal view, as well as in the other tabs (like "Near events", "All events") that birthdays (and anniversaries) can be disabled to be hidden from the current view, just like it can be done with categories.
I know there is a setting to disable birthdays being shown in the calendar, but adding this feature will facilitate a temporary view of i.e. "Near events" in a great way, without the need of (constantly) going to settings, change it, go back to the preferred view and when done, go to settings again, change it back.
Off course, from my point of view, this new "Birthdays and Anniversaries" category could use the existing setting in the background, but toggle it instantly.

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post