New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...RSS Feed

sem23

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-07-16 - 17:21

hello,

I now use memotoo, because it allows the sync with iphone calendar and address book and has a nice web-gui to access and maintain the data online.

But there are 3 things I am missing totally and which I stronlgy request (begging on my knees ):

1) the support of caldav to access & maintain the memotoo calendar from different clients

2) the inclusion of login-protected icalendar layers into the memotoo calendar web-gui
e.g. I have a google calendar and an account at "remember the milk". I want to access all calendars using only one web-gui --> which should be the memotoo gui since it has a very high usability

3) the ability to generate calendar entries using email
I heavily use this feature at "remember the milk" (RTM) to add a task from wherever I am by simply writing an email to a special email addresse at RTM. It is automatically converted into a task.
This feature would be very helpful in the memotoo calendar as well --> one simply writes an email to an email account at memotoo and the mail shall be converted into a calendar entry.

Thank you very much in advance and keep on with what you do!
Such web services are the future

regards,
sem23

5 Replie(s)
Lars Persson Fink

smile Posted 2011-05-04 - 20:52     Subject: Re: where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...

I'd like to second the request for the ability to send an email to a specific memotoo-email adress and have it converted into a task or calendar entry.

I created an account at "Remember the milk" to see if the synchronization between "Remember the milk" and memotoo would do the trick, but the synchronization with "Remember the Milk" seemed to be manual only and one-way.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2011-06-04 - 17:33     Subject: Re: Re: where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...

Ok for your wishes

I will try to all the CalDAV sync in the nexts week ...

The sync with RTM can be automically. Select the "schedule sync" wheen you edit the category "Remember The Milk": https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar.php

Sorry I will not add the functionnality to a add a task with an email ...

Lars Persson Fink

smile Posted 2011-06-05 - 07:46     Subject: Re: where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...

Ok, thanks!

Is the sync for rememberthemilk two-way?

/Lars

smile Posted 2011-06-05 - 11:12     Subject: Re: Re: where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...

The sync with rememberthemilk is only 1 way (rememberthemilk -> Memotoo) because rememberthemilk does not permit to Memotoo sync them ...

sem23

smile Posted 2011-06-05 - 14:06     Subject: Re: where is the fairy ? I have 3 wishes...

Hello Thomas,

thank you so much for adding the caldav sync!

Regarding the creation of entries via email:
What about creating a calendar entry via email instead of tasks?

Thanks again and best regards,
sem23

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post