New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Memotoo ClientRSS Feed

Dries

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2010-05-29 - 11:58

An idea for the suggestion box! It's all probably easier said than done, but it would mean a great improvement.

The main thing I like memotoo for is its options to synchronize from existing databases (eg. calendars,...) to memotoo and then to your phone. Now, not all phones have internet sync options, and often it can be hard to find the correct settings to get your phone to sync correctly.

Enter: The Memotoo Client!

Not all phones have internet sync options, but (almost) all new phones have options for connecting to pc. Either by cable or bluetooth. The Memotoo Client would be a software package that comes with your memotoo subscription.

When starting the client it would download your current databases. After this you can, in the software, view and manage your databases, and when you're done just connect your phone to your pc either by USB or Bluetooth and have all your new information synced.

Benefits:
More potential customers for memotoo. (phones that do not have internet sync)
Faster & easier data management. (Have you ever tried managing a large contact list for example? Each edit takes 4 seconds because a new page needs to be loaded by your browser... this is a pain.)
Faster & more reliable phone syncing. (less hassle with sync settings etc. PC internet connections are also more reliable and faster)
An incouragement for more people to use memotoo: it costs less, because a lot of people still have to pay A LOT for their phone internet connection.
In the long term: less costs for memotoo inc.

ideas for features:
phone <-> pc sync (of course)
media sync (a lot of phones are also being used as a mp3 player)
your data management
launch on startup
sync on client startup
Multiple users with multiple phone settings
File management: no need to upload bigger files to (very costly) download them later on your phone.
easier sync with current systems like outlook, windows contacts, import contacts from various IM clients. (eg. windows live)

Reply if you like this idea and suggest your own features!

Regards,
Dries

3 Replie(s)
bannwada

smile Posted 2010-06-21 - 21:43     Subject: Re: Memotoo Client

I agree with this idea. In this case I had not to buy 3 expenisve Miscosoft Outlook licenses. (Windows Mobile Phones) I could use the Memotoo for synchronizing the mobile phones over this new Tool. Mainly the other family members do not have a mobile subscription. The pay every mobile data connection speratly

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2010-07-01 - 18:25     Subject: Re: Memotoo Client

Good idea but it will a little complicate to do this...
If someone can do this software ?

Richard

smile Posted 2010-07-01 - 19:06     Subject: Re: Re: Memotoo Client

Most phones seem to have a way of syncing over the Net (ActiveSync or SyncML) or to a local PC (e.g. Nokia PC Suite, which actually uses SyncML), so this does duplicate the local software that the phone vendors provide. I think there are enough challenges getting the core Internet syncing of Memotoo to be really reliable, due to SyncML client bugs, field mappings, and so on, without taking on desktop software development.

If you want local syncing you might want to look at a local SyncML server on the PC, such as SyncEvolution and others, which you can then sync to Memotoo. This could use any local IP link including (some) cables, WiFi and probably Bluetooth.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post