New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Promote contact in addressbook to profile.RSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2009-10-06 - 16:27

Since september 2009 Memotoo users are able to create their own profile within their Memotoo account to share and sync personal info with other users.
I was thinking it would be nice if an existing contact in the addressbook could be promoted to a profile of the user.

E.g. I have created a contact item in the addressbook with my own personal info. When I want to create my own profile in the Memotoo account, something like a button or checkbox that says "Use this contact for your profile" would be nice. That way I don't have to fill in all my data again for my profile. And when I change the initial addressbook contact item, the profile is automatically updated.

I hope I've made myself clear. Otherwise, please say so.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

5 Replie(s)
Gerrit

smile Posted 2009-11-12 - 19:27     Subject: Re: Promote contact in addressbook to profile.

I think that if there is a contact in your addressbook with the same name and lastname as yourself, memotoo will add a button to the settings->my account page to promoto it to your profile. It was on my account... (but maybe its a new feature modelled after your request).

Oddity8

smile Posted 2009-11-13 - 07:46     Subject: Re: Promote contact in addressbook to profile.

Unfortunately this is not the case in my account. I have added myself as a contact in my address book a long time ago, but the only thing that I see is a link called "Create my profile » ". When I click this, a profile window pops up with the personal information from the "My Account" page. It does not contain any data from the contact in the address book.

Could you tell me if in your "My Account" page all personal information matches the data in the contact representing you. I use a different e-mail address for my Memotoo account than I have for general use. So the e-mail address in my contact does not match the "My Account" e-mail.
I figure that could be the reason Memotoo doesn't let ME promote this particular contact.

Gerrit

smile Posted 2009-11-13 - 23:42     Subject: Re: Re: Promote contact in addressbook to profile.

That's quite easy to test yourself isn't it .
But yes, my email matches, my name and firstname match, and there was no other info in my account settings page. And now I think of it, I got the button after I changed my email address from a trashmail.net account to my real email address.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2009-11-14 - 09:33     Subject: Re: Re: Promote contact in addressbook to profile.

Oddity8, try again to click on "Create my profile »" and now Memotoo will propose you

Oddity8

smile Posted 2009-12-09 - 11:48     Subject: Re: Promote contact in addressbook to profile.

Don't know what you changed, but it works great now. Thank you very much for this adjustment.

(No need for changing the e-mail address in my address book, that's nice!)

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post