Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Single category sync not showing up on Android AndroidRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-10-02 - 18:59

Hi,

I'm trying to sync a single Memotoo category on my Android phone. I've gone to Settings / Advanced / App internals, and under "Remote name" I've entered "event.xyz", the string given at

https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-android-phone.php

but when I sync, my events do not show up on the phone. I can see them on the Memotoo web calendar, and on the phone app calendar settings I've made sure to display the Memotoo calendar. I've manually synced as well as set it up to sync every 15 minutes.

Sync for other calendar sources (e.g. Google) works fine. Am I missing something?

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

4 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2014-10-03 - 09:51     Subject: Re: Single category sync not showing up on Android

Hi

You entered "event.154510" and this category does not exist in your Memotoo calendar.
Go here to define again the good remote name:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-android-phone.php

John

smile Posted 2014-10-03 - 12:47     Subject: Re: Re: Single category sync not showing up on Android

Hi Thomas,

thanks - I indeed had that category defined, but I removed it. Let me try to explain what happened. This is a bit long, and I would appreciate any advice.

I am trying to use Memotoo as a "gateway" for synching between Android and an Office365 account. I do not want to give Android direct access to the Office365 account. Office365 does not support CalDAV, only Exchange - and synching Exchange calendar with Android requires you accept giving Office365 local admin privileges. This includes remote device wipe and other unacceptable rights. The Android phone is my personal device. So I would like to synch like this:

Office 365 Memotoo Android

I directly access my Office365 account from my Mac, using an Exchange account. I cannot do this via Memotoo, because of the way OSX mail (which I use for all my other email) handles event invitations to my work account. This works fine.

I also use my Mac calendar for personal calendars, which I synch with Google Apps. I also synch my Android with my Google apps account.

However, by default Memotoo / Funambol on Android syncs ALL events - so it would upload all my personal Google apps events into Memotoo, which would then upload into Office365, which would then sync back into my Mac, etc. I tried this without realizing this and created a huge mess, having to delete hundreds of duplicate events.

So I want to use Memotoo ONLY for work events, ONLY from Office365.

To do this I need a default category (which was the one I created), trying to limit sync with Android to that category. I assigned all events synced from Office365 to that category manually.

However,

(a) Android did not download any events in that category.
(b) Memotoo deleted all events since they were not present on Android (I assume) and synced those deletions back to Office365 - so I had to restore my work calendar from backup. I do not know how this happened.

I then deleted the category.

I would be very grateful for your help on finding out how I can ensure that ALL events that Memotoo receives from Office365 get synced to Android to a specific category, and ONLY events from that category on Android get synced back to Memotoo. Please please help, this is incredibly frustrating and it's really hurting my work..

smile Posted 2014-10-06 - 16:47     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Single category sync not showing up on Android

Hi John

OK for theses informations. I will reply shorter because it is easier to exchange.

The 1st problem is that Memotoo can not sync Outlook365 in one category...

With "Memotoo sync" app, your events that you choose (with remote name "events" or "events.1234" ...) will be synced to your phone but the category information is not synced.
So they will be in one calendar named "Memotoo".

John

smile Posted 2014-10-09 - 21:29     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Single category sync not showing up on Android

Hi Thomas, thank you for the reply.

I've got the solution, and it's as stupid as it is ugly.

Sync just the OWA calendar with Memotoo
Create a new category on Google calendar
Sync the Memotoo calendar with that Google calendar category
Sync that calendar category with Android

ew.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post