Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Trying to figure out how to sync three devicesRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-11-08 - 17:29

I am trying to use Memtoo to synchronize three devices, and one service (Google) but I just can't seem to put together a good solution. What I am able to do is create lots of duplicate contacts and calendar events.

The three devices are a Windows 7 laptop running Office 2010. I have a new Macbook Air, and an Android phone. There are multiple ways to do this, but I am getting lost in the options. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

What I think I have to do is re-think the way that I do things. In the past, Windows 7 and Outlook have been my main PIM. When I exchange my Blackberry for an Android, I never did get it to synchronize properly, but I just lived with it. However I would like to get this sorted out so I can actually get the same information on all three devices.

This is what I have so far:

Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2011 (Mac) both have Plaxo to synchronize the two installs. I hate Plaxo, but it does sort of work.

Through the process of trying different things, it would seem that my Macbook has two calendars, one local, and one iCould. Is this correct? The same with Contacts?

With my phone (HTC One S) it would appear too that it has local data, and data synced to Google Calendar and Contacts.

In the past, I have always considered Outlook (one Windows) as the "Master Copy".

Ideally, I would like to be able to accept Meeting Invites in Outlook on either my Macbook or Windows, have them synchronized with the Calendar on my Macbook, and my phone. I would also like to have a web based calendar - Google preferably, but I am open to suggestions.

On my Android, I have SmoothSync installed, which in theory syncs it with iCloud.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.caldav.icloud&hl=en

I have tried disabling SmoothSync, have tried other applications, but all I ever end up with duplicates, that keep increasing. Every time there is a synchronization, another Calendar Event (or Contact) is created.

Most often I use the Macbook, but I use Outlook as my primary email client.

I am open to suggestions. In the end, I just want to be able have my calendar and contacts on the three devices, and ideally be able to go to Google or iCloud if I need remote access to my calendar or contacts.

If someone can help with this, it would save me a lot of trial and error, and cleaning up messaged calendars and contacts.

Thanks

Robert G.
Robert@cloud-mail.ca

2 Replie(s)
???

smile Posted 2013-11-08 - 20:07     Subject: Re: Trying to figure out how to sync three devices

Part 2

I have my Windows 7 laptop with Office 2010 Synching with iCloud without any problems. However nothing is showing up here in MemoToo.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robert

???

smile Posted 2013-11-08 - 20:30     Subject: PAID Support?

Is there any option for "Paid Support"?

I would like to get this working, but I just don't have a lot of time to spend figuring out how MemoToo to work.

The part I don't get is that according to MemoToo it successfully synched with iCloud, but none of my calendar events showed up in the MemoToo calendar.

Robert

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post