Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Gmail Contacts, plus LinkedIn plus Facebook Facebook - need adviceRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-11-05 - 15:01

Hi,

Moving from Plaxo and was recommended Memotoo.

I have a Gmail account, approx 2500 contacts, a Gapps account, with the same 2500 contacts in each, a LinkedIn account with approx 1000 contacts and a Facebook account with approx 65 contacts, almost all contacts are duplicate across the 4 silos.

Configured sync with Memotoo LI, then Facebook, then Gmail, then Gapps, now when about to sync to a clean Outlook 2013 it shows almost 5300 contacts in total, but Memotoo shows approx 4100, Gmail and Gapps show the approx 5300 contacts too

Loads of duplicates appear in the check for duplicates process - if I tick all will memotoo merger each duplicate contact, e.g. NickE to Nick E, or will it merge across the contacts e.g. all the NickE's with KevinA's etc ?

How should I configure the system for the photos from FB and LI to be used with Gmail & Gapps and a single set of contacts ?

thanks,
nick

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No

7 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-11-05 - 16:19     Subject: Re: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need a

Hi Nick

The problem was you synced the 2nd Gmail account and it was not empty...
You have actually 5228 contacts in Memotoo (I have changed the interface to see this value -> before is was at bottom left under scroll)

You can found and correct the duplicate here:
https://www.memotoo.com/gb/my-addressbook-and-contacts.php?rub=doublons
If you want merge, you must do that for each duplicate. You can also delete the duplicate with the checkboxes.

The photos Facebook and LinkedIn are automatically synced to Gmail & Gapps.

Nicke

smile Posted 2013-11-07 - 15:33     Subject: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need advic

Hi,

Thanks, a Doh ! moment for me there then

I want to start a fresh - I have some group issues with gmail I can now see I also want to deal with - how can I remove the sync point with Linkedin and facebook, is this done by the delete command next to the LI or facebook group in contacts, will using this sch that deletion into facebook and li ?

Thanks,
nick

smile Posted 2013-11-07 - 17:20     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - ne

Delete the sync here if you want:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-account-sync-history.php

Nic

smile Posted 2013-11-21 - 06:52     Subject: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need advic

Bulk merge is a torture, the screen doesn't move from contact to contact, is it possible to have that feature built in?

smile Posted 2013-11-27 - 18:39     Subject: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need advic

Sorry Nic, to merge you must do one by one contact...
Otherwise you can delete easy the duplicates by checking them:
https://www.memotoo.com/fr/my-addressbook-and-contacts.php?rub=doublons

Douglas

smile Posted 2013-11-28 - 08:32     Subject: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need advic

I too am having this issue. I have my initial account with contacts, I then set it up with 1 way sync to memotoo. I then add a gmail account which has zero contacts at time of intialization with sync one way from memotoo.

My contacts doubled when I had only setup the first account. Google shows 610 and online it shows 1220. This is without adding the second, which when I add the second it seems to guarantee an issue.I am holding off for tonight to try again.

smile Posted 2013-11-28 - 16:21     Subject: Re: Re: Just started and Have massive duplicate Gmail Contacts, plus Linkedin plus Facebook - need a

Douglas,

Can you reproduce to add the Gmail account in your Memotoo account ?
It is very strange that you had 1220 contacts.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post