Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Calendar with different timezonesRSS Feed

Romano

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-10-30 - 16:27

Hi --- i am using memotoo to sync my calendars (well, sort of, via Google calendar now that the Thunderbird connector is broken).

I have a problem with time zones. I "work" in two timezones, Europe/Madrid and US/Mountain. Sometime I add events on the Thunderbird or Outlook calendar in Madrid, sometime with the devices in Denver. Only one of the two sinchronizes correctly.

I have tried to check what happens, but I noticed that in memotoo i can set the timezone for the calendar, but I was not able to find the timezone setting for the individual event, to check that the sync has occured correctly. How can I check it?

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป

2 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-11-04 - 16:26     Subject: Re: Calendar with different timezones

Hi Romano

In Memotoo, you can only one Timezone for one account.
May be the solution is to open an other Memotoo account and set the other Timezone in this one.

Romano

smile Posted 2013-11-04 - 16:43     Subject: Re: Calendar with different timezones

Hi, thank for the answer, but I find it quite unfeasible... for a starter, I would need to sync to two different calendars (and if you ever tried this between Android, Outlook, Thunderbird you know which PITA is this), then the problem is that I need the events in the same calendar --- and the logic thing is that an account should have a default time-zone but each event should be marked with its timezone, as for example is the case in google calendars.
The last week, when Europe went out DST one week earlier than North America, was a really "interesting" time for the calendars, especially repeating ones.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post