Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Bulk Edit contacts: add extra digit for certain numbersRSS Feed

Michael

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-10-28 - 19:40

Here in Brazil, two states have added an extra "9" before all cell phone numbers, in order to increase the possible phone numbers: cell phones from area codes 21, 22, 24, 27 and 28 now have an extra "9" at the start.

Since yesterday, calls I receive from my contacts appear with the extra "9", and the phone thinks they're a different contact (which is not in the list).

All cell phone numbers start with either 9,8,7 or 6. And most of my contacts are in international format (e.g.: +55-21-6789-7890

So I imagined that I could do a regular expression search in my contacts for:

\+55\-(2[12478])[0123456789\-\(\)]+

and replace (2[12478]) with %1\-9\-.

I could expand the above to find numbers that are not in international format (e.g. (21) 6789-8901).

If I export all my contacts to VCF, do a regular expression search and replace as above, save, and re-import in to Memotoo, would that work? Would I end up with duplicate contacts? Could I cause a problem?

Or maybe Memotoo has a hidden built-in tool to do that?

Thanks in advance,

2 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-11-04 - 16:37     Subject: Re: Re: Bulk Edit contacts: add extra digit for certain numbers

Hi Michael

I can do that if you want
Can you send me an email with many example to be sure to do the good update in your account ?

Michael

smile Posted 2013-11-28 - 17:58     Subject: Re: Bulk Edit contacts: add extra digit for certain numbers

Thomas,

I saw your e-mail but only now could I reply. Well, I ended up just changing contact numbers as I need to, that is, when I make or receive a call. Easy enough, and safer.

Thanks anyway.

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post