Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Import vCard file in to a categoryRSS Feed

Michael

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-08-08 - 16:06

This has to do with my other post, about syncing only one category of contacts and calendar with iPhone.

While calendar sync of one category works fine now (via CalDAV), contacts does not yet. So I think I found a workaround:

1. Sync one category of contacts with my wife's GMail account (now possible - thanks!)
2. Add a CardDAV account on her phone, and enter GMail details (according to this post: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077)

Now one Memotoo category will sync with GMail/Contacts, which in turn should sync with her phone.

But I have to pass all her iCloud contacts to Memotoo / GMail. I export all iCloud contacts to a vCard file, but when I import them in to Memotoo they don't fall in to any category and get mixed up with other contacts.

So what we need is the option to be able to specify a category where the imported contacts will fall in to.

Thanks in advance,

1 Replie(s)
Michael

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-08-08 - 16:18     Subject: Re: Re: Import vCard file in to a category

OK I think I found a way round: I imported them in to GMail Contacts.

Now all I have to do is setup a CardDAV account on the iPhone to sync with the GMail Contacts, and it should work like this:

Memotoo (one category) GMail Contacts CardDAV in iPhone

I'll know later on when I have the iPhone with me again.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post