Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?RSS Feed

Peter

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-07-11 - 21:33

I have shared a memotoo contact group with another memotoo account, and now I wish to stop.
After searching everywhere, I can't find how to see if a group is shared, who it is shared with, or how to stop sharing the group.
I have tried logging into the account the group is shared with, and I can see it is shared on that account, but I can't find how to stop sharing the group anywhere.
In case this is a bug, I should mention that the account this group was shared to also has a non-shared contact group with the same name... could this cause interference not allowing me to see the stop sharing option?

Thanks for your help.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

5 Replie(s)
Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-11 - 21:44     Subject: Re: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

OK- I found a workaround.

1. I created a new contact group
2. I moved the contacts out of the shared group into the new un-shared group.
3. Deleted the shared group which now has 0 contacts.

It works fine, just a lot of steps.

I still want to find out how I can see if a group is shared, and who it is shared with... any help? If a group is shared with me, i can see that no problem, but I'm not seeing it on my group if I've shared it with someone else.

Thanks,
Peter

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-07-12 - 16:48     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Ok you found

Good idea, I have added the feature, now you can see with what user you have shared the group:

Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 06:58     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Thanks for adding the feature to see when a group is shared!
It would be nice to be able to click one button or link to "Stop Sharing This Group", but at least there is a messy workaround as I described above.
Thanks for the quick replies to my questions!

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 13:11     Subject: Re: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Ok Peter, I have add now a link at the bottom that go to the page to delete the share

Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 13:20     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Thanks again!
The "Delete this share" button/link took me to a screen I hadn't seen before that summarized all my shares. Great!
The only suggestion I would make would be to name the button/link "Change Sharing" or "Stop Sharing" instead of "Delete this share", because that sounds like you are going to remove the group and contacts.

Thanks again! I will share Memotoo with my contacts.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post