Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Memotoo and BlackBerry BlackBerry PlaybookRSS Feed

mushroom_daddy

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-12-27 - 20:31

Here's one I can;t find in the forum using search, if it's appeared before I apologise.

As a subscriber who's making good use of (and really enjoying) Memotoo to sync my calendars, contacts, etc. on multiple Mac's and with a BlackBerry Bold 9900, I'd like to know whether there's any way to make use of Memotoo on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
I can't find a funambol plugin for the BB PlayBook (but then I've only just started looking). If anybody already has this working I'd welcome advice on how to proceed.

Seasonal Greetings!

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

12 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-12-29 - 15:46     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Hello!

I have not yet tested the BlackBerry PlayBook and I hope it can work with ActiveSync synchronization:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-microsoft-exchange-activesync.php

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-01-02 - 14:08     Subject: RE: RE: Re: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Hello Thomas, thank you for your prompt reply. I've not (yet) been able to get Memotoo to work on the PlayBook. It seems to take the Memotoo Exchange Active Sync settings fine but doesn't ever seem to sync the calendars or contacts. The device does show up in my Sync history www.memotoo.com/my-account-sync-history.php
I've also tried using various CalDav settings without success.

smile Posted 2013-01-02 - 15:03     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Ok so to find what is wrong BB PlayBook, I have commanded a PlayBook, I will receive it in few days and after I will found what is wrong.
When I found how to sync it, I will inform you.

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-02-09 - 11:21     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Here's an alternative idea on this problem ...
It is possible to side-load and run (some) Android apps on the BlackBerry Playbook, and there is a Memotoo Sync plugin for Android tablets; perhaps that could work?
However, I don't have an Android device registered and therefore can't download this from the Google Playstore. Is the Memotoo Sync plugin available for download from anywhere else?

smile Posted 2013-02-09 - 19:17     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Yes the Memotoo app for Android is available here:
https://www.memotoo.com/softs/memotoo-android-sync-client-10.1.3.apk
Tell me if it works ?

I hope find soon the solution why Memotoo server ActiveSync do not work with PlayBook ...

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-02-12 - 22:11     Subject: Re: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Sadly I have to report that this does not work. There's no problem getting Memotoo Sync onto the Playbook; once it is converted from .apk to .bar file (which is not difficult). The program runs on the Playbook and appears to sync, but sadly nothing shows up in the Playbook calendar or contacts - so I guess that the Playbook calendar and contact applications are not compatible with the Memotoo sync (Android) plugin ... but it was worth trying.

smile Posted 2013-03-26 - 21:50     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-03-27 - 14:48     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

This looks good, I'll try it soon on the PlayBook, thank you.
Do you have plans to get the Calendar sync working as well? It will be good to have, especially considering the new Z10 and other forthcoming BlackBerry 10 devices that will be released soon e.g. the Q10. I would really like keep using Memotoo when I upgrade to my next BB phone.

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-05-28 - 13:23     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

So now I have succeeded to sync the Memotoo Calendar with my PlayBook, this is what I did ...
Set up a new Calendar with CalDav on the Playbook, and use the following settings:
Memotoo Username
Memotoo Exchange Email address: eg.user@exchange.memotoo.com
Memotoo password
and at server address use the CalDav settings: https://sync.memotoo.com:443/calDAV/

This is seems to work fine and sync is bidirectional

smile Posted 2013-05-28 - 17:40     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Yes it works but when you refresh the PlayBook calendar, the events disappear... I can not find what is wrong...

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-05-28 - 19:26     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

Yes you are correct, how disappointing ... perhaps it work later when (as they have promised) BlackBerry upgrade the PlayBook OS to BB10

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2013-07-23 - 15:09     Subject: Re: Memotoo and Blackberry Playbook

It looks as though CardDAV and CalDAV synchronisation are now both working with the BB Playbook (and Z10)
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-blackberry-z10-playbook.php?buttonSelec...
I haven't tried this yet, but thanks are due to Thomas for his continuing work and improvement of the Memotoo platform

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post