Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

duplicates appointmentsRSS Feed

chris brace

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-11-08 - 01:05

hi, I am syncing with oracle calendar and three exchange clients. I seem to get some duplicates, usually shifted by an hour and with "[+]" added to the start of the meeting title. Have you any ideas what may be causing this?

I have tried a manual sync with oracle a number of times as it often seems to miss some appointments. pretty sure this is an oracle issue though. the synthesis client on my old wm6.5 phones also struggled with this. it could be that this manual sync causes the duplicates somehow?

hard to express how annoying oracle cal is!
thanks
Chris

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป

2 Replie(s)
Chris Brace

smile Posted 2012-11-08 - 13:03     Subject: Re: duplicates appointments

I think I understand the [+] thing, I believe Oracle adds it to say it is a meeting that I own and that I am attending. Really wish it wouldn't and I don't see a way to stop it!
The hour shift I believe is a DST issue but I don't know where the error is. Surely we could think of a fix for this? It does seem to happen a lot though when syncing through all sorts of different methods!
Could we not have all times stored in UTC and then add the timezone locally in the device or the browser? Maybe this is what does happen? If so it clearly has flaws...

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-11-21 - 13:46     Subject: Re: duplicates appointments

Hi Chris

Can you give an example of event that have a problem of DST ?

I have seen in your Memotoo account, you have fine selected Europe/London timezone:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar.php?rub=prefs

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post