Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Multiple iCal calendars & Memotoo synchronisationRSS Feed

mushroom_daddy

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-10-17 - 21:43

Before committing myself (and money) I have a question about how Memotoo handles iCal calendars. Having several Mac's it's fairly straightforward to keep multiple iCal calendars in sync using Apple's iCloud service. However, I also use a BlackBerry and are still looking for an easy way to sync my calendars (and contacts) to/from that handset.
How does Memotoo handle separate iCal calendars when syncing them to/from the cloud? Does it combine multiple calendars into a single calendar, or does it maintain separate calendars, and if so how many can it handle?

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป

4 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 14:55     Subject: Re: Multiple iCal calendars & Memotoo synchronisation

The iCal calendars will be in just one calendar of Memotoo, and they could be separate into multiple categories (you can have 1 category = 1 one iCal). To have the good url for iCalendar and category, go here: https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-calendar-icalendar.php)

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2012-10-27 - 12:38     Subject: Re: Re: Multiple iCal calendars & Memotoo synchronisation

Well I've now take the plunge and invested in an annual subscription. It's sort of working but rather clunky and I do get problems keeping Multiple Macs - iCloud - Memotto - Blackberry all in perfect sync.
Still my working my way around the best way to do everything. If I can get it all working properly I'll aim to re-post or contribute to the wiki pages.

Problems & Observations:
Duplicated calendar events when syncing multiple devices
Devices on BB go to 'My Calendar' (on Memotoo) only
Address book fields (and some characters) in iCloud/Mac entries are not faithfully replicated to/from Memotoo (e.g. URLs)

smile Posted 2012-11-02 - 10:28     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Multiple iCal calendars & Memotoo synchronisation

Welcome to Memotoo

Duplicated calendar events when syncing multiple devices
-> I think it is just the first time you sync the new device

Devices on BB go to 'My Calendar' (on Memotoo) only
-> It is strange because the categories are available in Funambol plugin for BB

Address book fields (and some characters) in iCloud/Mac entries are not faithfully replicated to/from Memotoo (e.g. URLs)
-> Can you give me examples ? because the url of contacts are successfully synced?

mushroom_daddy

smile Posted 2012-11-10 - 22:12     Subject: Re: Multiple iCal calendars & Memotoo synchronisation

Well it all seems to be working much better now.
I have stopped using iCloud for my calendars and contacts, and now rely on Memotoo as my central hub, syncing my various Macs using the procedures described for OSX calendars https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar-how-to-sync.php#top and address book https://www.memotoo.com/my-addressbook-and-contacts-how-to-sync.php#top. I think it was trying to keep iCloud in the mix that was giving me problems with duplicates.

What I did started by copying my iCloud data into Memotoo, and then removed the iCloud account from my Mac address book and iCal. I also archived all my calendar entries older than 1 year past, before starting to use Memotoo to sync all my devices. My iCal data went back several years and there was little point continuing to sync that data to my phone.

The Blackberry Bold 9900 is now synced using Funambol and although it took a long time to get the first sync to complete, probably due to the many calendars I had, it all seems to work OK now. Events created on the Blackberry are displayed in Memotoo 'My Calendar' when they show up on the web and in iCal, but I can easily transfer them to an appropriate calendar/category using iCal.

So far so good!

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post