Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701RSS Feed

Andreas

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 14:06

Hi @ all,

I am new to memotoo and at the moment I am using the free version (just for testing). Finally I would like to sync several thunderbird addressbooks and calendars (home and work) and my Nokia 701 (Symbian Belle). Since I can not run the funambol plugin with TB15 ("The funambol component can't be loaded") I focused on the sync with my phone at the moment. I did the setup like in the description for my phone (I haven chosen "server version 1.2", since there were no information on this in the description). My contacts, notes and bookmars are synced correctly. Despite the email addresses in the contacts are not synced. Is this only because I am using the free version? Are the email information synced in the Premium version?
However, my calendar is not synced at all. If I at a new task in the web calendar an sync again, this task shows up on my phone. But it is stored in a new calendar (called "memotoo") while all my other tasks are stored in a calendar called "PC Suite". Now I get add tasks to the new calendar "memotoo" on my phone and they are synced correctly. Is it possible to sync all calendars on my phone or is only the "memotoo" calendar synced? If so, do I have to copy all my task to the "memotoo" calendar (however this works on my phone)? Just renaming the "PC Suite" calendar to "memotoo" does not help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Andreas

9 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-09-07 - 17:39     Subject: Re: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Andreas

I have updated the version of the plugin for Thunderbird:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-mozilla-thunderbird.php

In your synchronization history, I have seen that your contacts have been synced from your Nokia 701:
https://www.memotoo.com/my-account-sync-history.php
You say that emails addresses are not synced ? If yes, send me an email and we will debug this problem.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-09-10 - 20:48     Subject: Re: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply. Up to now I had no time to test your updated TB plugin since I run TB15 at work. But I will do so tomorrow. Here on my laptop I am running TB14 for which the old plugin is doing fine.
But I am still struggling with the other problems mentioned in my first post:

1. The mail addresses of my mobile contacts are not transferred to memotoo (phone numbers and postal addresses are)
2. The calendar is not synced (only the calendar called memotoo is synced)
3. If I continue with a sync from TB the mail addressed stored in TB are added to the contacts in memotoo, but the phone numbers (no included in TB) are removed from memotoo.

Do you have any idea how I can get my sync to work (with TB and my mobile)?

Best regards.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-09-21 - 16:14     Subject: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Andreas

I think that now if you do a complete sync with your Nokia 701, the email addresses will be synced.
Can you try a full sync ?

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-09-24 - 14:04     Subject: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Thomas,

I tried a full sync but unfortunately the email information do not show up on the memotoo calendar.

Best regards.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-09-25 - 14:18     Subject: Re: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Andreas

Can you do a complete sync again ?
(I will log the synchronization to see what is wrong)

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-10-19 - 09:06     Subject: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Thomas,

I did a full sync several times. Could you find something helpful in the log files?

Best regards.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 13:41     Subject: Re: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Hi Andreas

The full sync do not send again the dictonnary of data between your phone and Memotoo.
Can you delete the sync on your phone and create it again ?
(Before delete the contact in Memotoo: https://www.memotoo.com/configuration.php?rub=delete and delete the history of sync: https://www.memotoo.com/my-account-sync-history.php?id=95451)

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 14:25     Subject: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Dear Thomas,

I did what you have suggested and it seems to work. Now the email addresses from my phone are synced. These are good news. Thank you very much for your efforts. Later on I will check the sync in detail and have a look on the sync with TB.

Now I would like to come back to the other major point of my initial posting - the sync of the calendar:
"However, my calendar is not synced at all. If I at a new task in the web calendar an sync again, this task shows up on my phone. But it is stored in a new calendar (called "memotoo") while all my other tasks are stored in a calendar called "PC Suite". Now I get add tasks to the new calendar "memotoo" on my phone and they are synced correctly. Is it possible to sync all calendars on my phone or is only the "memotoo" calendar synced? If so, do I have to copy all my task to the "memotoo" calendar (however this works on my phone)? Just renaming the "PC Suite" calendar to "memotoo" does not help."

Do you have any information on this topic. Is the only synced calendar the one called "memotoo"?

Best regards, and again thanks for you efforts.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-10-22 - 15:07     Subject: Re: Re: Sync contacts and calendar with Nokia 701

Good news for the contacts

I think you could sync only the calendar "memotoo" on your phone ...

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post