Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Contact repeats itselfRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-05-01 - 09:58

Hi. I have a strange situation, and I'm not sure of the cause.

My setup is:
- a Windows 10 PC running Thunderbird, and I use TZ-Push to synchronise my address book with Memotoo
- my Memotoo account
- an Android phone, which uses ContactSync to synchronise my contacts with Memotoo

For one particular contact, I constantly have multiple copies of her in my address book, but it's inconsistent.

Some of the copies have a phone number, some don't. Some have my notes included, some have the notes but with different formatting (specifically with/without line breaks), and some don't have notes.

Additionally, the number of contacts differs between device. This contact currently appears 9 times in my Memotoo address book, 4 times in my Thunderbird address book, and as 1 contact in my phone (but with two sets of notes, which might mean the phone is aggregating multiple contacts? not very familiar with how contacts are managed).

I've tried a couple of things in the past, including: deleting all but 1 contact; merging all contacts; and deleting them all, and adding a new one. It seems to still create the same strange result.

As I say, I don't know where the problem lies, but are you able to help out? Cheers.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No

2 Replie(s)
Henk

smile Posted 2017-05-01 - 14:19     Subject: Re: Contact repeats itself

I'm evaluating similar contacts syncing.
My experience is that TZ-Push causes problems quite some times. Contacts may get out of sync or duplicated in Thunderbird. Therefore I use the Inverse SOGo Connector.
As a test you could try to replace TZ-Push by the Inverse SOGo Connector.

On my Samsung S6 Android phone I use Nine - Outlook for Android. There you can keep the address book in Nine only or couple it with the phone address book. It is a great App! Rating 4.5 in the Google Play store. It uses Exchange Active Sync. Even categories are synced.
You'r using ContactSync. It has a low rating of 3.5, some warnings and a last update from November 11th 2009 !
For a CardDAV sync I have also installed CardDAV-Sync and the JB Workaround CardDAV-Sync. A good rating of 4.6 and up to date. It works fine integrated with the phone's address book. I'm only missing the categories and having it as a separate address book.
As a first step I would eliminate ContactSync.

Good luck.

???

smile Posted 2017-05-02 - 01:41     Subject: Re: Re: Contact repeats itself

Thanks Henk. I haven't tried the Inverse SoGo Connector - I'll wait to see what Thomas suggests, but may have a look at that... Good to hear of a positive review for that option.

As for ContactSync, apologies, I didn't realise there were two apps with the same name. You're referring to this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happydroid.contacts
However, I'm using this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vcard.android

4.6 rating, active development and a very responsive developer - I've had support from her on several issues, and I've found the app to be excellent thus far.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post