Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Error synchronising contacts due to etag valueRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-03-06 - 04:05

Hi,

I'm using a product called ContactSync for my Android phone: http://ntbab.dyndns.org/apache2-default/seite/contactsync.html

It's mostly working well, but I'm having one issue. Any changes on my phone are being synced successfully, but if I change an existing contact on the server, this change isn't replicated on the phone.

I asked the app developer, and this was her response: "I could reproduce this. Unfornately it is server related, so ContactSync (as it is defined in the CardDAV standard) uses a field called etag to detect changes. When a contact is changed on the server the same contact should get assigned a new etag value. So when the old known and the new value on the server differe then ContactSync knows that the contact was changed and freshly loads it. Unfornately this part seems to be broken on the Memotoo servers because even after a contact change the etag stays the same."

Can you please look into this?

Cheers

4 Replie(s)
???

smile Posted 2017-03-23 - 04:28     Subject: Re: Error synchronising contacts due to etag value

Bump - hi, is it possible to get a response here, please?

Thanks.

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2017-03-29 - 12:00     Subject: Re: Re: Error synchronising contacts due to etag value

Ok I have done one modification and I think now it will works fine

For information the good URL of Memotoo in CalendarSync is:
https://sync.memotoo.com:443/caldav

???

smile Posted 2017-05-01 - 10:12     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Error synchronising contacts due to etag value

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for looking at this, I appreciate it. I'm sorry to say, though, that it doesn't seem to have worked Apologies that it took a while to test, I was having some phone trouble.

Syncing from my phone to Memotoo is working, and two-way sync from Memotoo to my PC address book is working... but anything that's been changed in Memotoo (including things that were changed on PC and synced) is not being synced to my phone.

Can you look at this again, please? Annemarie, the author of ContactSync, is quite accessible by email if that helps. Cheers.

MB

smile Posted 2018-09-12 - 17:50     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error synchronising contacts due to etag value

I have the same issue when using http://caldavsynchronizer.org with Memotoo: When I change details of an existing appointment using the Memotoo web interface, the etag seems to stay the same. As a result, the CalDav client does not download the changes. Could you make sure that the etag changes when the content changes? Thanks!

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post