Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

1 minute event becomes 24 hour eventRSS Feed

tjbsync

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 11:07

Most phones can only handle reminders before the main event. If you need a reminder to stop doing something, (e.g. timeboxing,) the workaround is to add a reminder on an auxilliary event right after the main event.

However, Memotoo turns such a one minute event into a 24 hour affair and swaps the starting and ending time-of-day.

Example of the bug: I created a one-minute event "stop", from 2015-02-26 18:15 - 18:16h, in Kontact (the desktop calendar). It synced to Memotoo (tjbsync account) as beginning 2015.02.26 18:16h, ending 2015.02.27 18:15h. This has two errors: The end date is off by one, and it swapped 1815h and 18:16h.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 17:13     Subject: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Very strange can you modify it on your BlackBerry ?
(I will log the sync to see what is wrong)
Tell me when you modified it ?

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 17:57     Subject: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

I've modified it to 18:16-18:20h today at 17:47h and synced at 17:52h GMT+1. The Blackberry user interface goes only in 5 minute increments, so I couldn't make it 1 minute long. Maybe that won't do, as only 1 minute events seem to trigger the bug.

Next, I created an event ("test event for Thomas ...", 18:15-18:16h) in Korganizer to showcase the bug, and synced manually at 17:56h GMT+1.

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-02-27 - 18:58     Subject: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

One more way to trigger the bug: (1) create a fresh calendar in any PIM application, (2) create a one-minute event with a popup reminder, (3) export the calendar as an icalendar file, (4) import the file into Memotoo.

This also explains why this bug isn't just a case of "well, then don't do that". I've been using the one-minute-event approach since 2007, and lots of historic data is affected.

smile Posted 2015-03-04 - 15:43     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Ok tjbsync I have found and corrected this bug
Now the event will have a duration of 1 minute.

I have also correct your past events that have this problem.

tjbsync

smile Posted 2015-03-04 - 22:19     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 minute event becomes 24 hour event

Thank you. I appreciate that you cared about my bug report and took the time to fix it.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post