New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Notes Sync for iPhone iPhone / iPad really needed...RSS Feed

Micha

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-08-24 - 14:59

Dear Thomas,

I know, I've asked that several times before, but now I own an iPhone for some weeks and I'm looking for a way to sync my notes with Memotoo (over the air, without iTunes/Outlook)...

Do you see any way to implement notes sync for iPhone? @Everybody: Am I really the only user of memotoo who needs this?

As far as I know, there are several ways to start this:

- Could you write a sync from Memotoo to Evernotes or Simplenote (better, because plain text). For both services do exist iPhone-apps (also Android-apps, I think)

- Natively the iPhone can sync notes (as drafts) to any existing IMAP-Account into an IMAP-Folder labeled "Notes" (default for syncing with iCloud, also with Gmail, Yahoo...). Perhaps this would be the easiest way to copy/sync the notes from Memotoo to any user-defined IMAP-Account. Could you do this?

- Another solution could be Microsoft Exchange 2010 ActiveSync: As far as I understood, now there is implemented the syncing of notes via the ActiveSync-Protocol for mobile devices. Before that it was only possible to sync contacts, calendar and tasks. ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998357.aspx)
But I think until now that newest version of ActiveSync is not supported yet by most mobile devices. Perhaps it will be supported with IOS6?? Who knows?

My favourite solution would be the IMAP-sync, because it seems to be pretty easy to build. Another advantage is that the notes synced via IMAP appear in the native iOS-Notes-App. For Evernote and Simplenote users would need an separate app. Also there are ways to sync IMAP-Notes with Android devices. And, I think you could perhaps complete with this the sync from Memotoo with iCloud, because the notes are stored in the iCloud the same way.

Could you have a look at this, please? If you need any more information, just let me know! I would be very happy to help making Memotoo even BETTER!!!

11 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-09-05 - 19:26     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Hi Micha

Ok I have found a solution to synchronize the notes with iPhone / iPad

I have choose the solution to sync Evernote with Memotoo:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-evernote.php

So now you Evernote as gateway between Memotoo and your iPhone / iPad:
http://wiki.memotoo.com/wiki/Sync_notes_with_your_phone_by_using_Evernote

The others solutions you defined are not easy to done ...
May be ActiveSync with notes in the future...

Micha

smile Posted 2012-09-05 - 22:11     Subject: Re: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Hello Thomas!!

Great, thank you very much!!!

I've just tried to sync but with no sucess...

I tried to sync my notes from Memotoo to Evernote, but only the first two Messages get synced. Then I get an error message from Memotoo: "Sync Evernote - Error: Exception BAD_DATA_FORMAT - Note.title"

I think, I have only plain-text in my notes at Memotoo.

Also I've noticed, that in an note synced from Memotoo to Evernote, the linefeeds are not interpreted correctly. I get some "/n" and stuff like that at the note text in Evernote.

In the other direction, a note created in Evernote has HTML-Tags in Memotoo after being synced (" ... )...

Can you have a lok at this? Can you do a kind od plain-text-filtering?

You may have a look at my Memotoo- and Evernote-Account, if this helps.

EDIT: I've found the cause of the "Sync Evernote - Error: Exception BAD_DATA_FORMAT - Note.title":
I've had one single message in my Memotoo-notes with an empty Subject/Title-Field. After I put some text in, everything synced fine to Evernote.

But the "\n\n" (linefeeds?) are still present in the notes text at Evernote after syncing...

Micha

smile Posted 2012-09-05 - 22:38     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Perhaps you could have a look at http://simplenoteapp.com ?

This seems to have a more simpler interface with only plain-text-notes. That would be enought for me! And it has apps for iPhone, Symbian etc. There is also access to Simplenote-APIs for developers.

Evernote has HTML, photos etc. and this is hard to sync via SyncML to other simpler devices (like my other phone Nokia 3720). So my favourite is Simplenote...

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 09:14     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

OK Micha I have corrected the problem for title empty and the "\n" problem.
Modify the notes that have "\n" problem in Memotoo and after they will be good in Evernote.

For simplenoteapp.com, it is a good idea but I can not access to the API ...

Micha

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 14:49     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Thank you Thomas!

Now the sync is working. Still the problem with the HTML-tags: As far, as I can see, there is no plain-text-mode for Evernote. Evernote saves every note as HTML-Text with all tags. So, if I change or create a note in Evernote (or my iPhone), I see only HTML-Sourcecode in Memotoo (or my Nokia phone)... So it is not usable...

About Simplenote: You have to sign up at http://simplenoteapp.com/api/ then you get access... Also you could just ask Google for "Simplenote API"...

EDIT: Another issue, I found just a minute ago: If i delete a note in Evernote, it doesn't get deleted in Memotoo even after several manual syncy (Sync settings: Both ways). If I delete a note in Memotoo, it gets deleted in Evernote.
Do you have an idea for that? Perhaps a HTML-filter in Memotoo?

Micha

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 15:39     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Now I think, some major rework in the sync module is needed...

I just got this error message from Memotoo after I triggered a manual sync by hitting the Evernote icon:

"Sync Evernote -
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'EDAM\Error\EDAMNotFoundException'"

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 16:19     Subject: Re: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

If there is HTML in the notes you created in Evernote, Memotoo can not remove them ...
(when you created a note in Memotoo, Memotoo send a note with HTML tag " .... ")
Try to sync your Nokia, now the HTML will be removed (when you sync with text/plain)

I have no access to the Google group after clicking on " http://simplenoteapp.com/api/" ... strange ...
"Simplenote API You cannot view topics in this forum. You do not have the necessary permissions to view topics in this group."

Ok try again I have corrected the problem of "EDAMNotFoundException". If you have other problem about note not deleted in Memotoo, send me an email with the title of the note.

Micha

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 17:24     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Okay, I understand. I just re-synced my Nokia with "pnote". I tried to do the same with my Outlook 2003 via Funambol, to get rid of the HTML-tags also in Outlook, but with "pnote" I got only empty notes back from the Memotoo-Server. Outlook only works with "note" for me.

Deleting of notes also seems to work now.

I just tried to register there too, but Ihave the same Problem with GoogleGroups... Perhaps you could contact the guys at Simplenote via support@simplenoteapp.com ? Or should I do this for you? I would be happy if I could help to make Memotoo better!

smile Posted 2012-09-06 - 17:57     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Ok try again with your Nokia, now the notes will not be empty.
So now is it good ?

alm

smile Posted 2012-11-05 - 01:57     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Just noticed that support for syncing notes with Simplenote was added. Thanks! I'm very happy with the way you keep adding interfaces with new services and protocols.

Micha

smile Posted 2012-11-05 - 02:15     Subject: Re: Notes Sync for iPhone / iPad really needed...

Yes, Simplenote was added the last days... Thomas is so great!

But be careful, the Simplenote server had some problems in the last days:
http://simplenote.squarespace.com/news/2012/10/26/service-problems-this-week.html

So if the sync doesn't work properly, just try again and better make some backups of your notes...
Don't blame Memotoo, until the guys at Simplenote have finished their repairs...

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post