Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 684
Number of posts: 2355
Last posted: 2024-04-05 - 14:55
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?RSS Feed

Peter

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2013-07-11 - 21:33

I have shared a memotoo contact group with another memotoo account, and now I wish to stop.
After searching everywhere, I can't find how to see if a group is shared, who it is shared with, or how to stop sharing the group.
I have tried logging into the account the group is shared with, and I can see it is shared on that account, but I can't find how to stop sharing the group anywhere.
In case this is a bug, I should mention that the account this group was shared to also has a non-shared contact group with the same name... could this cause interference not allowing me to see the stop sharing option?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replie(s)
Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-11 - 21:44     Subject: Re: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

OK- I found a workaround.

1. I created a new contact group
2. I moved the contacts out of the shared group into the new un-shared group.
3. Deleted the shared group which now has 0 contacts.

It works fine, just a lot of steps.

I still want to find out how I can see if a group is shared, and who it is shared with... any help? If a group is shared with me, i can see that no problem, but I'm not seeing it on my group if I've shared it with someone else.

Thanks,
Peter

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2013-07-12 - 16:48     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Ok you found

Good idea, I have added the feature, now you can see with what user you have shared the group:

Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 06:58     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Thanks for adding the feature to see when a group is shared!
It would be nice to be able to click one button or link to "Stop Sharing This Group", but at least there is a messy workaround as I described above.
Thanks for the quick replies to my questions!

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 13:11     Subject: Re: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Ok Peter, I have add now a link at the bottom that go to the page to delete the share

Peter

smile Posted 2013-07-15 - 13:20     Subject: Re: How do I stop sharing a contact group with another memotoo account?

Thanks again!
The "Delete this share" button/link took me to a screen I hadn't seen before that summarized all my shares. Great!
The only suggestion I would make would be to name the button/link "Change Sharing" or "Stop Sharing" instead of "Delete this share", because that sounds like you are going to remove the group and contacts.

Thanks again! I will share Memotoo with my contacts.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post