These errors are coming from the Windows COM module, used by the Funambol Client to access Microsoft Outlook application and data. There could be different reasons, as the COM module may be used by other applications, too.
PLEASE TRY ALL THE FOLLOWING BEFORE EMAILING US
- Open Outlook: if a wizard window to configure your profile is prompted, this was the cause for sure. Solution: follow the wizard until the end, then your profile is configured and try the sync again.
- Check if Outlook is correctly working and not stuck. If the latter, close Outlook and then check if the process "OUTLOOK.EXE" is still running from the Windows Task Manager (if yes, you can terminate the process from there).
- If you have antivirus software installed, disable it and try again. Some antivirus software can recognize the attempt of the Funambol client to access Outlook as a malicious action, so they may block it.
- If you have other Outlook addins installed, disable them (or remove them) and try again. An addin can access Outlook in a (wrong) way that could block other applications from doing the same.
- "Google Desktop Search" and "Nokia PC Suite" may conflict with the Funambol Outlook Client. This doesn't happen for all users, but you may need to uninstall them and try again.
Note: any software accessing Outlook data can be a potential conflicting application, the above have just been pointed out by several community members.
- Use the Inbox Repair Tool by Microsoft to recover folders and items from a corrupted Personal Folders (.pst) file or offline folder (.ost) file in Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007. More details on Microsoft Help and Support site.
- Finally, try to reinstall Microsoft Outlook. It may happen that Outlook has become unstable and thus not working correctly.
If ALL of the above do not help, please post a new question to the forums describing your problem, including:
- the exact version of the Funambol Outlook Client used
- the exact version of both Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Outlook used
- a list (if possible) of any software installed on your machine
- the full log of the Funambol Outlook Client (set the log level to debug)
- any other information about your system that you consider relevant
Tips from one Memotoo user to correct the "COM Pointer error" problem:
- Take a backup copy of my .pst file
- In Outlook Calendar, go into List view
- Select all items
- Type shift-Delete to do a permanent delete of all calendar items
- Quit Outlook
- Do a recover from Memotoo in Funambol