Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Outlook Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problemRSS Feed

Jens

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2016-03-13 - 15:42

Calendar Sync with Outlook 2016 via ActiveSync seems to work only in one direction. When I create an appointment in Outlook it will not be synced with Memotoo.

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2016-03-15 - 10:16     Subject: Re: Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problem

Are you sure you created the event in the calendar synced with Memotoo ?

Try to add a "Test" event, and I will log the sync to see if the event was sent.

???

smile Posted 2016-03-19 - 19:23     Subject: Re: Re: Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problem

I tried it again today and it works fine now. I don't think I did anything differently compared with the last time...

However, I have one more problem. Birthdays events are shown from 01:00 to 01:00 the next day instead of all-day events in Outlook 2016.

smile Posted 2016-03-25 - 11:40     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problem

Strange can you send me a screenshot by e-mail (at webmaster@memotoo.com) to see what happen ?

Mark Morgan

smile Posted 2016-04-21 - 19:14     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problem

I've seen the same issues with 64-bit Outlook 2013 with ActiveSync. I created the Memotoo ActiveSync account within Outlook 2013 and then imported 4,000 calendar items of which only 500 or so made it up to Memotoo before it claimed all had finished. To resolve this I cleared both calendars and imported the entries into Memotoo directly using an iCalendar file. This worked and synced all entries down to Outlook.

But I also saw numerous problems with the results. Many "all day" events were corrupted as described by the above poster with either date - 1 day 23:00 or date + 1 day 01:00. Birthdays are an obvious example. I suspect what happens is as follows: An all-day event is on 01/04/2016 for instance. Only a date is correctly stored in the DTSTART and DTEND of the VEVENT. The local timezeone is GMT for instance when the calendar is uploaded. My guess is that the date is then converted to a datetime with the addition of 00:00:00 to become local datetime 2016-04-01 00:00:00. The event occurs within BST so it is in fact 2016-04-01 00:00:00+0100. For storage the datetime is normalised to a UTC datetime so gets changed to 2016-03-31 23:00:00+0000 and the end datetime to 2016-04-01 23:00:00+0000 (i.e. 20160401230000Z). I also saw this the other way with 01:00:00 times.

This also caused problems with the birthday entries stored against contacts. In my case all contacts with birthdays that fall within BST (I uploaded first during GMT) have had their birthday dates changed to the day before!

The other issue I saw that was common was repeating events that no longer showed as repeating once synced to Outlook. E.g. a 10-event repeat only shows the first occurrence.

I will gather some examples and screen shots and forward them.

Yoann

smile Posted 2016-12-28 - 09:03     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Outlook 2016 ActiveSync problem

Bonjour Thomas, Avez-vous trouvé une résolution à ce problème, j'ai la même chose de mon côté.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post