Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 683
Number of posts: 2354
Last posted: 2024-02-09 - 19:57
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Deleted contact reappears after syncRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2014-11-23 - 18:41

Hi,
I have imported all my contacts from different accounts on the phone into Memotoo via the app. I set the app up to sync contacts both ways. I have some contacts that I want to merge and some I want to delete. It seemed easiest to do this via the memotoo web interface. However, when I delete a contact via the website and then sync my phone, the contact re-appears. If I delete it via the phone and then sync, it works as expected and the contact stays deleted.
Any idea why?
Also, there is an inconsistency in the number of contacts. I haven't done a full comparison but there is at least 1 contact I know of that appears in the web interface but doesn't on the phone. I have 389 contacts on the website and 369 under the memotoo account on the phone.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Peter

5 Replie(s)
Peter

smile Posted 2014-11-24 - 10:20     Subject: Re: Deleted contact reappears after sync

Sorry, I realised I forgot to mention: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SIII with the latest version of Memotoo installed (I actually re-installed the app from scratch for the latest release).

Thanks,

Peter

Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2014-11-24 - 10:56     Subject: Re: Re: Deleted contact reappears after sync

Hi Peter

Strange that you have not the same number of contacts in Memotoo and in your phone.
I think you sync others accounts on your phone (may be Gmail, and others ...) and the contacts you deleted reappear by these accounts.

Try to do a recover "From server to device", to force to reset all Memotoo contacts to your phone:
http://wiki.memotoo.com/wiki/Recover_data_with_Funambol_plugin#FunV10_or_Memotoo...
After this action you must have the same number of contacts. Have you the same number of contacts now ?

Peter

smile Posted 2014-11-24 - 13:01     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Deleted contact reappears after sync

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply.
I tried the force reset from server to device as you suggested. It sent the correct number of contacts (389) but if I look at the number of contacts under the memotoo account in the Android Contacts app it says there are 376 contacts now. More than before but still a different number
If you have any other ideas what to try I'd be greatful. I'll try and investigate further as well to see which ones are missing and if there is a pattern to it.
As for deleted contacts reappearing, this had nothing to do with other accounts on my phone as far as I can see. It re-appeared under the memotoo account after a sync. Only when I deleted it on the phone did it stay deleted.
I'm trying it again to be sure and will let you know if I find anything else.

Thanks,

Peter

smile Posted 2014-11-24 - 15:43     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deleted contact reappears after sync

OK strangre that the number is different ...
Can you give me by e-mail at webmaster@memotoo.com, the name of others contacts accounts your sync with your phone ?

Peter

smile Posted 2014-11-24 - 20:01     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deleted contact reappears after sync

Thomas,

well, here's some good news. The contact deletion now works. I tested it again after I had done the force reset of contacts from server to device and it worked as expected.
I used the same trick for my calendar items where the synchronisation also wasn't working and it's now ok.
So I'm happy on that front.
I don't sync contacts with any other accounts. I used Gmail to import contacts onto the phone when I first got and have since disabled contact sync for this and all other accounts apart from memotoo. One of the main reasons for using memotoo is to manage all my contacts in one place.
Thanks,
Peter

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post